Bow Fishing Boat

• boone
    Woodbury, MN

I saw this boat at the Country Inn parking lot in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin last Monday. I talked to the three guys who were just getting ready to go out on the Mississippi at about 8:00 p.m. They didn’t expect a good night as the water level was dropping pretty fast and they said that makes for tougher bow fishing. I think they were going to do some filming.

It had a 175 E-Tec and also a big fan. As you might be able to see in one of the photos, the fan was rotated 90 degrees inside the protective frame. That must be for trailering the boat. Lots and lots of LED lights and two generators.

I looked up AMS Bowfishing and it looks like it’s a specialty bowfishing business.

I would have liked to tag along just to watch and see how it’s done. I’ve done some bow fishing in the past but it was during daylight hours in a canoe paddling around flooded backwaters.

Boone

Attachments:
    1. 011.jpg

2. 010.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

That’s one big rig. I used to bow fish a ton but other hobbies got in the way. AMS pretty much king of the roost in the bow fishing market.

Charles

Good lord! That rig is insane, I like it!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I used to bowfish a bit but haven’t gone in years. Now, with an almost 7 year old, I need to dig the bow out again.

That is an impressive rig. I will say that we frequently have nighttime bowfishermen cruise past our cabin at night, and tt’s a little bit unsettling to wake up to 100,000 watts of lights and a boat 6″ from the edge of your dock at 1:00 a.m. rotflol

tornadochaser

bowfishing at night is a blast and you can stack up huge numbers with the right conditions. I don’t get out much anymore but we always tried to pick lakes with little to know development so as to not disturb cabin/home owners.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.