Bow Electronics

• Tom Albrecht
    Participant
    Eau Claire

I’m looking to potentially add a graph to the front of my boat. I have a 2019 terrova with a built-in transducer so I figure why not use it. What do you run up front? I fish walleye on the Mississippi 95% of the time and have a Helix on the dash. I’m not brand loyal necessarily. I’d ideally like a graph that can use my trolling motor transducer unless they aren’t very good transducers then I’d just mount a different one down there.

slowpoke
    Participant
    Perham Mn

I run a helix 9 gen 1 SI on the bow. My Terrova is a 20 model and has built in DI transducer. But all the gen 1 will do is sonar, it won’t read DI because it won’t talk to the G3 transducer. I wish it had U2 instead. I’m pretty sure if yours is a 19 it has U2. You didn’t say which Helix is on the dash. If it is networkable I would go with a Helix 7. Just my opinion.

Tom Albrecht
    Participant
    Eau Claire

Oh I’m sorry. It’s a Helix 10 G2 with MEGA

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Ya I’d definitely go with another helix so you can network and use the U2 on the Terrova. SI is not very beneficial on a bow mount since it is constantly turning. I find it more useful at the console.

muskie-tim
    Participant
    Rush City MN

I have a Helix 9 Mega SI on the console and Helix 7 Mega DI on bow. Since the tolling motor is an older terrova with the universal transducer I mounted the DI transducer on the trolling motor. With Mega imaging it works great.

I agree with gimruis that SI on a trolling motor would have some issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.