Bourbon & Tennessee Whiskey

• walldows
    Participant

Eelpoutguy where did you find three bottles?

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I really hate it when places mark up their bourbon so bad. That Blanton’s price is ridiculous.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Yeah the eagle rare is also up from what I remember paying before it was cool to drink bourbon.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would imagine shipping charges are around $30 or more also?

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

I’m heading to Minnesota next week, will be in the Twin Cities on Saturday the 30th and in Park Rapids Aug 1st – 7th, then up to LotW the 7th – 15th.

1) any good shops along the 694/10 corridor where i should stop? MN has a different selection than WI, so it’s a chance to mix things up.

b) i have a fair collection of allocated bottles that i’m willing to turnover in exchange for ducats. PM if this is something you’d like to discuss.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Might need to take a road trip.

NEW RELEASE: Booker’s Bourbon Debuts 124.8 Proof “Lumberyard Batch”

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Booker’s Bourbon Releases 2022-02 “The Lumberyard Batch”
    NewsJuly 15, 2022 by Elias Aoude0Booker’s Bourbon 2022-02 “The Lumberyard Batch”
    Booker’s has announced the release of the second batch in their 2022 collection, Booker’s Bourbon 2022-02 “The Lumberyard Batch.”

Named in honor of the lumberyard that Booker Noe worked at during his pre-distillery years, Booker’s “The Lumberyard Batch” has been aged for 7 years, 1 month, and 7 days, and is bottled at 124.8 proof (62.40% ABV). Booker’s “The Lumberyard Batch” is described as having a “deep aroma with a hint of vanilla and oak that opens its depth” and “a balanced taste with a bit of sweetness that leads to a pleasant finish.”

Booker’s Bourbon 2022-02 “The Lumberyard Batch” is now available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $89.99 for a 750 mL bottle.

Photo credit: James B. Beam Distilling Co.
    Source: James B. Beam Distilling Co.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Here’s the first treat my buddy brought me back from his trip. Going to give it a thorough review tomorrow afternoon while the wife pilots the tritoon.

Attachments:
    1. F4E76339-CF1D-4DDA-B63A-62606390D14C.jpeg

BoatsHateMe
    Participant
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’m heading to Minnesota next week, will be in the Twin Cities on Saturday the 30th and in Park Rapids Aug 1st – 7th, then up to LotW the 7th – 15th.

1) any good shops along the 694/10 corridor where i should stop? MN has a different selection than WI, so it’s a chance to mix things up.

b) i have a fair collection of allocated bottles that i’m willing to turnover in exchange for ducats. PM if this is something you’d like to discuss.

If you’re willing to deviate from your corse in the Twin Cities I can recommend a couple.

Ace Spirits in Hopkins. World class selection.

France 44 in Edina. Another store with a great selection. Also has a very nice Tasting bar if you are there on a weekend.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Here’s the first treat my buddy brought me back from his trip. Going to give it a thorough review tomorrow afternoon while the wife pilots the tritoon.

Bucky I just finished a bottle of that Makers. Very good. Nice high alcohol mouth feel but very good flavor with it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well, since today is National Scotch Day…

tonight after dinner will be my favorite, Drambuie.

A blend of aged Scotch whisky, rare Scottish heather honey and aromatic herbs and spices, is rich enough to be savored on its own with a crystal clear bourbon ice cube.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Well, since today is National Scotch Day…

tonight after dinner will be my favorite, Drambuie.

A blend of aged Scotch whisky, rare Scottish heather honey and aromatic herbs and spices, is rich enough to be savored on its own with a crystal clear bourbon ice cube.

add another shot of Scotch and ya got yerself a Rusty Nail! toast and yes, you can thank me later tongue

Weekender
    Participant
    Southcentral MN

Makers Mark is one of my favorites. waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Gunna take a run at this at the cabin this weekend when I’m throwing bulldogs for gators.

Attachments:
    1. 7BF4663B-609B-40EB-B896-754AC66923ED-scaled.jpeg

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Liquor Barrel near me got a barrel select 1792 Full Proof in recently. Very good and VERY easy to drink for 125 proof.

luttes
    Participant
    Maplewood/WBL

Yeah the eagle rare is also up from what I remember paying before it was cool to drink bourbon.

I remember in my mid 20’s drinking eagle rare on the regular and I’m pretty sure I got it for less than $20 a bottle, now it’s up to $90?? geeze…

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Lutes, if you can find it in a store that is not ripping people off you can still get it for about $40-50 I believe. But like said that is a big IF.

Deuces
    Participant

C’mon, who doesn’t like a lil bump of whiskey

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I had a new (to me) whiskey at a wedding I was at this past weekend in Rhode Island called West Cork. It’s an Irish Whiskey but it’s aged in Bourbon Casks. Holy smokes was it nice tasting and smooth. I see Total Wine has it. Apparently there are two types. One is $25 and one is $60. Not sure what the difference is and I’m not exactly sure which one I had as the bottles are the same in the pics on TW’s web page. It’s definitely one I will be trying to get my hands on again though.

Attachments:
    1. 20E3F129-070D-4BB3-BC0D-079FF927AA8F-scaled.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Just cracked me some Pig to celebrate the new rig showing up today. toast

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

if you see a bottle of Barrell Seagrass, definitely give it a try. i’m grabbing the next one i find to restock! it’s a supremely good rye blending different finishes for a very complex, fruity profile. delicious!

Attachments:
    1. seagress.jpg

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Got an early Christmas gift from my uncle. Haven’t had their Rye before so looking forward to it if it’s close to a good as their other offerings.

Attachments:
    1. 917704E1-0519-4B54-9D32-53D40098B8FF-scaled.jpeg

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I hope you like it better than I did. I will try it again, but a friend bought one and brought it up deer hunting and it was not my favorite.

Jake
    Participant
    Brainerd

if you see a bottle of Barrell Seagrass, definitely give it a try. i’m grabbing the next one i find to restock! it’s a supremely good rye blending different finishes for a very complex, fruity profile. delicious!

I had a pour of their “Vantage” the other week and was really impressed. They got some good juice! But they don’t give em away either. Hard to pull the trigger on em at the store.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Got an early Christmas gift from my uncle. Haven’t had their Rye before so looking forward to it if it’s close to a good as their other offerings.

Werm, did you try it yet? At $80 a pop (so to speak), I only open it for a short one or if a special guest is over.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Just found this a couple days ago. First I ever heard of it now I’m seeing it everywhere.
    I like it that’s why the bottle is kind of empty toast

Attachments:
    1. FAE4AAF5-A591-4493-A448-E985E0887E8E-scaled.jpeg

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Werm, did you try it yet? At $80 a pop (so to speak), I only open it for a short one or if a special guest is over.

Not yet, but will be soon and will report back.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Just found this a couple days ago. First I ever heard of it now I’m seeing it everywhere.

Not sure how I feel about these blended bourbons. I mean if I understand it correctly they take a bunch of different ones and put it in there barrel and then I am supposed to pay a pretty penny for it without even knowing what I am buying. Maybe I am dumb and someone can clear this up for me.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

John,
    You are correct, and I have a pretty good story about that but way too long to print.
    We’ll have to sit down with a bottle on the table and I’ll explain.

I bought that bottle because of the name, kinda how I shop for wine – By the label doah

Viewing 30 posts - 421 through 450 (of 593 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.