Bored, hypothetical ice fishing question.

• Charles
    Participant

My mind is wandering, hear me out.

If I setup a shack on the ice nearby an open water channel, could use I use two open water rods.

Technically I am ice fishing.

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

If I setup a shack on the ice nearby an open water channel, could use I use two open water rods.

You are ice fishing ONLY as long as you are angling thru the ice.
    If you are fishing the open water, then you are NOT ice fishing.

Attachments:
    1. ice.jpg

Charles
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

You are ice fishing as long as you are angling thru the ice.

How about between the ice sheets lol.

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>

Go for it and let us know how it turns out for you.

Kirk Charipar
    Participant
    west central wi

Is this a Minnesota rule thing? Some of these fishing rules I hear about make my head spin! doah

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>

If you go along and chip the edges…I say your good to go… waytogo

Now, if I break the ice with my boat creating a hole, am I ice fishing?
    rotflol

I don’t think mn specifies the tool used to create space in the ice to fish “through” shock

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

Got questions? waytogo

Attachments:
    1. DNR.jpg

slipperybob
    Participant
    Lil'Can, MN

No one says your ice fishing rod has to be short. In fact I use my short open water rods for ice fishing. Them 4′ to 5′ poles. Even the Ugly Stick Dock Runner pole is only 3′ long and it’s probably one of the best ice fishing value rod for the price. They just need to put a sticker over the Dock Runner and call it, Big Ice Rod Runner.

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

This has me thinking, since I’ve seen guys casting open water from the ice before… can you fish 2 tip ups and one open water rod? Since you’re both ice fishing and open water fishing at the same time?

Hypothetical- I’m not a fan of more than two anyway. I can hardly pay attention to two rigs let alone more than that.

Charles
    Participant

This has me thinking, since I’ve seen guys casting open water from the ice before… can you fish 2 tip ups and one open water rod? Since you’re both ice fishing and open water fishing at the same time?

Hypothetical- I’m not a fan of more than two anyway. I can hardly pay attention to two rigs let alone more than that.

Alright Check, LoL.

How about sense were suppose to keep our distance can we zoom our buddy and have an extra 2 lines out for him lol.

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KYLE P ERICKSON wrote:</div>

Alright Check, LoL.

How about sense were suppose to keep our distance can we zoom our buddy and have an extra 2 lines out for him lol.

DNR shows up, you’ve got 4 tip ups out and a laptop- “just following governor’s orders sir” )

Charles
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KYLE P ERICKSON wrote:</div>

Alright Check, LoL.

DNR shows up, you’ve got 4 tip ups out and a laptop- “just following governor’s orders sir” )

Its a shame I use to know a CO that would laugh his ass off if he saw this going on.

Whateverbites
    Participant

Try drilling two holes and setting up tip ups, and casting one line and see what the DNR does

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.