Bobcat

• buck-slayer

I no nothing about trapping. Saw a show on trapping bobcat in WI. We saw a bobcat during deer season last year so I started in on getting points. What happens if you set traps for fox, coon, or coyote and you get a bobcat instead.

stevenoak

Cut a slot in a sheet of plywood on the bottom edge center. Just big enough to go over the leg that’s held. With the cat on one side. Release the trap from the other side. 99% he runs aways. I’d have a plan B for the other 1%. Saw two guys release one with an old sleeping bag. They had their hands full.

buck-slayer

So the trap doesn’t break its leg?

Snake ii’s

If leg hold traps are sized properly for the target animal, the leg caught will not be broken. Caught hundreds of muskrat, mink and racoons in my youth with no issues.

Deuces

Cut a slot in a sheet of plywood on the bottom edge center. Just big enough to go over the leg that’s held. With the cat on one side. Release the trap from the other side. 99% he runs aways. I’d have a plan B for the other 1%. Saw two guys release one with an old sleeping bag. They had their hands full.

That plywood release has to be quite the heartbeat raiser. Good grief.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That plywood release has to be quite the heartbeat raiser.

No kidding. I had a pissed off feral cat in a live trap a few years ago, and I was slightly terrified to release that!

stevenoak

I’m talking 4×8 sheet of plywood. I don’t know how to do links. But you want to watch something on the edge of your seat. Check out the videos on you-tube of ” bobcat trap release”. One guy does a release with a y shape tree branch. Disclaimer: looks like he’s wearing 6 pair of Carhartt’s. jester I’m sure some of the less brave use the SSS method.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.