Boat In Outpost cabins/resorts in Ontario

• scottaheller
    Participant

We have a group of 10-11 that have been doing trips to voyageurs nat park on different lakes for that past 8 years and are looking to do a Canadian trip with a similar experience, but without the tents and all the other stuff you need to camp with. We would like a boat in outpost cabin or resort. This would be for 2024. We are looking for recommendations from anyone who has done a boat in outpost in the past. I have found a handful online but we would rather get first hand experience recommendations.

Thanks for the help!
    Scott

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

I stayed at Eagle Lake Island Lodge once. It was pretty rustic, but that year new owners took over and it looks like they upgraded a lot. I typically stay at a drive to camp on Eagle Lake so I’ve seen the island change quite a bit over the years but only from the water. Good fishing nearby though.

I’ve heard a lot of good reviews for Obabikon Bay Camp on LOTW but never stayed there. It’s on my list.

tsamp
    Participant
    eldora, iowa

Fly-in Fishing at Slate Falls Outposts

I like Root Bay best. Lots of walleye and northern. Close to outlet dam where you can catch eater walleye on every cast.

tpmorgz
    Participant
    Central Iowa

Northwestern Ontario Fishing Lodge Resort in Canada

realtreeap10
    Participant
    Over there

Brown’s Clearwater West – stayed at their Pekagoning portage to outpost. Have the lake to your self with plenty of fish to catch: walleyes, SM bass, lake trout and some large pike. You do use their boats and have to bring you own electronics but it was a fun week learning the lake and where the fish are.

blank
    Participant

Camp Narrows on the NW Bay of Rainy Lake. Not quite as outpost (off the beaten path) as others may be, as it’s just 40 minutes from the border crossing to the landing, and 7 mile boat ride. Great fishing and very little boat traffic for being so close to Fort Frances/I Falls. Plus Tom is a great host.

snelson223
    Participant
    Austin MN

Reel Em Inn lodge on Lake of Woods. Its almost an hour boat ride from Morson On. Not very often you see other boats. There is always places to fish even if it’s windy. The staff and food is amazing. We have been going there for 7 years and it’s a trip I don’t want to miss. It’s very hard to get in there cause most people book for the following year when they leave.

Greg D
    Participant

http://www.youngswildernesscamp.com/

Near sioux narrows
    Short boat ride in. Ultra clean camp. Catch multi species all around the camp. Short ride back to the mainland for supplies. Gorgeous area. Check it out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.