Blaine Hard Water Expo

• vinella
    Participant

Thinking about making the drive over to Blaine tomorrow. Anyone been to this one? Worth going? Have only been to the St Paul Ice Show before – hoping it’s a less crowded event?

AK Guy
    Participant

With any sport show, if you want to avoid the crowds, do not go from 11-3 on a Saturday.

Nodakk
    Participant

I went last year. Going directly to Thorne Bros store and asking for the show deal was a better use of time

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It is a smaller show with most of the main companies there. You can walk through it in about 30 minutes if you want to. I went yesterday just to see some friends and the deals I saw were 10-15%.

It’s good enough to get the ice fishing blood pumping though. If it were me I’d just go to the St Paul show.

vinella
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys. Decided to skip this one, especially once I checked the vendor list and saw no Reed’s or Marine General.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I’m not a big ice fishing show guy, but the St. Paul one falls on one of the best early ice weekends of the year. 0% chance I’m giving up some of the best fishing to go wiggle through crowds of people.

I’d try the smaller shows if they’re earlier.

muskie-tim
    Participant
    Rush City MN

Went to Hard Water Expo on Friday since we have plans with family the weekend of the St Paul show.
    Hard Water Expo was okay. Most discounts were around 10% – 15% off. Thorne did have the non Pro model of of the Clam Pinhead minnow for $3 apiece. Picked up a bunch of them in various sizes and colors. Wasn’t looking for any big ticket items so not sure how the prices on electronics, ice shacks etc. were. Another nice thing seniors got in for $5.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

There is a video of the show on YT. Some interesting products.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

The St Paul show is superior in every way and the crowds have not been what they normally are since Covid. You’re not shoulder to shoulder with people in there. It’s not as bad as people love to complain about on here.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I went looking to see the deals on Livescope. Did not pull the trigger $2200.00 just doesnt feel like a deal for the package. Ended up with another rod I did not need (perch sweethart) and a handfull of JR’s spoons. It is a neutered version of the St. Paul show but it is much less busy also.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I went looking to see the deals on Livescope. Did not pull the trigger $2200.00 just doesnt feel like a deal for the package. Ended up with another rod I did not need (perch sweethart) and a handfull of JR’s spoons. It is a neutered version of the St. Paul show but it is much less busy also.

Perch sweet heart is my favorite rod of all time. Thorne bros is top notch

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Nothing really new this year except maybe the Ion Alpha. There was a new kid in town with a foam Core wall drop down Ice house in the parking lot from a place in St Cloud that was cool.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Perch sweet heart is my favorite rod of all time. Thorne bros is top notch

Yeah so I have heard from many. Been wanting one for a while, suprised they had one, most of the shows they sell out first day it seems. I can already tell I am going to like this rod.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Personally I think the days of 20-25% show deals are over. It will be around 10% from now on for the bigger retailers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.