Blade Bait Rod Around 100$?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Anyone got a 100$ ish blade bait rod they like? Sorry, I’m not in the market for an upper end St. Croix.

So far I I’ve handled:
    Lews Speed Stick – 6-9ml fast action
    13 Fishing Fate Back 6-10ml fast action

Both seem like they’d be ok. How about a ml Limit Creek? I’ve never had one in my hand.

The rod would be for pitching lighter blades up to 3/8 oz. Thanks!!

Michael Best

I use the St Croix mojo bass rods. They run between $40 and $50 more than the $100 you mentioned.
    The 6’8” medium rod fast action.
    Haven’t had any issues with not getting good hooks in fish. With the little stiffer rod you won’t have to move the rod much to get the bait moving.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Checkout Rosemore Outdoor Gear Rods. I didn’t have time to get my rods out of my boat before a tournament out in Green Bay last spring, so I used my buddies’ rods. He let me use one I believe called the Double L. 7′ MLXF. And I’ll tell you what. that rod was awesome! I believe they’re in that price range for you as well. I’ve used a lot of rods over the years, but I’d put that as a backup to my custom rods any day.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

St. Croix Eyecon – MF or MXF

Tom Bisel

I have several Limit Creek rods and fish lots with the orginal founder of the brand. They are excellent rods and could be priced much higher but aren’t. The customer service is excellent also.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

bass pro/cabelas fish eagle in 7ft mlxf works just fine for me.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

X2. These are nice rods that retail at $79.99 and go on sale often. MLXF or MXF in the one piece model.

-J.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>luttes wrote:</div>

X2. These are nice rods that retail at $79.99 and go on sale often. MLXF or MXF in the one piece model.

-J.

So you guys don’t get tired pitching with a seven ft rod for hours? I have several Cabela’s fish eagle rods, which I like. I’ll have to give the seven footer some thought.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

FWIW – I don’t own a spinning rod shorter than 7 ft. This might be a personal preference thing. For me it’s much easier to cast a blade with a 7 ft rod than something shorter. Much less effort to cast the same distance. Much less effort to work the blade back to the boat.

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

FWIW – I don’t own a spinning rod shorter than 7 ft. This might be a personal preference thing. For me it’s much easier to cast a blade with a 7 ft rod than something shorter. Much less effort to cast the same distance. Much less effort to work the blade back to the boat.

-J.

X2 – You are already looking at 6’9″ or 6’10” rods. 2 or 3 more ” is not going to matter much as far as getting tired fishing it. But it will in Casting and working baits
    Also depending on brands you may be better off with a M Vs a ML as long as its rated as F or XF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.