BK hangs it up and NOBODY is catfishing???

• Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Where are all the cat reports?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Work, work, and more work. Dreaming of cutting up some bait and tossing er over the side.

My 8yr old is mad for not getting out yet, that’s probably the hardest part.

deertracker

I thought this was his last year so he should be out there. Maybe he is busy with his secret plan of transitioning into a walleye guide.
    DT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! I’m still fishing, although I haven’t been out for two weeks with the high water.

I do plan on going out tomorrow for some relaxing channel cat fun on P-4. They’re pulling out wheelbarrows of ’em.

Attachments:
    1. 7-21-2016.jpg

onestout
    Hudson, WI

good to see them taking cats out like that, they were eating to many walleyes. pretty soon P4 will be void of walleye like Mille lacs if they don’t get those cats under control.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s my thought too. coffee

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Wow!
    Water levels are up based on that pic BK huh?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If they take too many cats it’ll end up like Lake Erie. Too many big walleyes.

Oh the conundrum. coffee

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

There was a group of 15 cat guys this week staying at EVERTS. These dudes from iowa come up every yr. and stay 5 or 6 days. Now our friends from the south know how to catch channels!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know for sure how many cats they caught. But I can say this it was well into the in the 100,s. .. They caught 99% of them on STINK BAIT. … Already hopeing they will be back next yr. or again this yr. …. These guys know how to have a GOOD TIME.!! rrr

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

PS. You can see from EVERTS dock where 80% of all those fish were caught.!! … rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The final score was four 44 quart coolers full of fillets.

And a number of fish fry’s.

They are on the chew with all sizes being reported.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

By the amount of threads here I wasn’t sure Everts was open. Good to know.

riverbasher

I just closed on a house and moved over the weekend. Back to fishing after we get settled in.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This areas overrun with channels Brian, got my possession limit in two days of fishing ditty pole and that’s 20 fish, two early morning checks using small 2″ bluegills, some bent hooks, a couple poles were missing hooks and alas got a small owl. He must have seen the bluegill swimming on the surface, tried to grab it and the hook got him in the foot. Its too bad considering how many rodents they eat. I hated to see it happen but that’s nature, we have to eat too and so do the turtles.

riverruns
    Inactive

Do channel cats do that much damage to take them out like that?

Not sure what one would do with four – 44 quart coolers full of fillets? I know it’s an old thread. Just asking? Looks like a promotion for something. Thanks Shawn

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well Shawn, the commercial guys take more then that…

In the post above, I call that the “Going up Nort” syndrome.

If a person isn’t lucky enough to have a home on a lake or river with easy access to a meal of fish, people like to take fish home when they go up North.

I go to Winni, I hope to eat fish and bring home my limit.

Same with the good people of Iowa, Illinois and other states. They come “up Nort” to the river and just want to have a few meals of fish and take home their limit.

Since they are from out of state and bought a WI license, they are allowed 25 channels per person. On a decent bite and if a person isn’t too fussy on the size of fish kept, 10 to 15 anglers can limit out on channels pretty easy.

It doesn’t really matter what they do with the fish, the law says they can have them. End of story.

I’ve heard it called rape, unethical, now a promotion and more. I just hold the WI DNR responsible for excessive limits.

PS first night out with clients with a two fish release before we where lightninged off the river. )

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

PS first night out with clients with a two fish release before we where lightninged off the river.

So much for Retirement ?

riverruns
    Inactive

Well Shawn, the commercial guys take more then that…

In the post above, I call that the “Going up Nort” syndrome.

If a person isn’t lucky enough to have a home on a lake or river with easy access to a meal of fish, people like to take fish home when they go up North.

I go to Winni, I hope to eat fish and bring home my limit.

Same with the good people of Iowa, Illinois and other states. They come “up Nort” to the river and just want to have a few meals of fish and take home their limit.

Since they are from out of state and bought a WI license, they are allowed 25 channels per person. On a decent bite and if a person isn’t too fussy on the size of fish kept, 10 to 15 anglers can limit out on channels pretty easy.

It doesn’t really matter what they do with the fish, the law says they can have them. End of story.

I’ve heard it called rape, unethical, now a promotion and more. I just hold the WI DNR responsible for excessive limits.

PS first night out with clients with a two fish release before we where lightninged off the river. )

Sorry Brian for the question.

Flatheads it’s ok to take all you can take also? Heck there better eating than channels from what’s been told. I understand the guide thing and resort thing enough that it’s where you guys make a living.

You and I seem to go around on a topic every year. waytogo

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.