Birds

• IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

If there’s a lack of birds I blame the squirrel population. Those things will savage all nests. Glad I’m doing my part to thin them out

We’ve been doing our part as well. Not many left at our house. At least not visiting the bird feeders. That flying squirrel feeder looks awesome! Might have to get one of those!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ma and I took a walk this morning before the rain came in and we saw several large wedges of sandhills headed north. I love listening to them chatter as they fly. Not but an hour or so ago I saw the first blue heron on the creek behind the house.

Gold Finches were really scarce this winter here. Normally I go thru about 80 pounds of thistle seed but hardly touched a 22 pound bag over the winter. Within the last week they’ve been pretty common here and I’m needing to fill the tower feeders about like I always have. Nice to see them back. I love watching the color transition on the males. Woodpeckers are here all day, every day. I went into the winter with about 20 pounds of rendered venison suet that is mixed with cheap chunky peanut butter and that’s almost gone now. Man, can those woodpeckers eat.

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

IDK what is with the Gold Finches this year.. Mine have been gone since the Thanksgiving snowstorm.. I even dumped the thistle feeder out & put fresh stuff in there about a month ago. Still no sign of them in my neck of the woods. We usually have about 4-5 pair around in the spring & I’m filling the feeder twice a week. Hopefully they come back around.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.