Bird Flu?

• haleysgold
    SE MN

I know the turkey population is down but haven’t see any dead ones laying around.

This vulture wasn’t there this morning.
    Pretty weird if you ask me.

I know animals die all the time in the wild but still.

Attachments:
    1. 20220512_152019_resized-scaled.jpg

CaptainMusky

They say the bird flu is REALLY hard on raptors. Like if they get it nearly 100% they will die.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Lead poisoning? whistling

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Found this poor fella while turkey hunting. Laying in the woods under a large tree. Almost positive it was the bird flu. Viral disease is still a part of nature.

Attachments:
    1. 4AB3C7DC-D091-46E9-AAB1-6850ED2CF7DB-scaled.jpeg

Gregg Gunter

Report the dead ones, especially raptors. 90-100% fatal to wild birds. Just saw a fox in MN and 2 in Ontario with avian flu. First time in mammals.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Curious what a report would do? It looked a day or two old, not sure if that matters. About 2 weeks old now.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Musta just got their 3rd rona shot whistling

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

There was lots of dead birds from bird flu with snow geese and other waterfowl this spring. Dead birds seemed far more prevalent than I’ve seen before.

We could use a reduction in avian predators. We have way too many eagles and hawks and that has been created by humans changing the landscape. Eagles are becoming nothing more than large crows. Hopefully bird flu puts them in check.

I am a big believer of this theory. The more we mess with mother nature the more it will push back. Nature does not need a governing body to survive.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Nature does not need a governing body to survive.”

Hmmm. I must be getting old because I remember
    No season on Pheasants.
    One hen mallard and or wood duck was the limit on those species.
    3 ducks was the limit.
    Seeing a deer in South of St Cloud was a big deal.
    Seeing a goose was a bigger deal.
    DNR employees stationed at bald eagles nest to make sure no one disturbed them.

Maybe not when they are over populated. IMHO

Reporting a dead eagle will determine if it died from being shot, ingesting lead (some say that’s a big deal right now) or the flu…or possibly old age. I encourage people to report dead raptors.

blank

Yeah, we don’t need bag limits on game and fish. Nature doesn’t need a governing body to survive.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Feathers wrote:</div>
    There was lots of dead birds from bird flu with snow geese and other waterfowl this spring. Dead birds seemed far more prevalent than I’ve seen before.

We could use a reduction in avian predators. We have way too many eagles and hawks and that has been created by humans changing the landscape. Eagles are becoming nothing more than large crows. Hopefully bird flu puts them in check.

I am a big believer of this theory. The more we mess with mother nature the more it will push back. Nature does not need a governing body to survive.

I’ll take “Clean Water Act” for $1000, Alex

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I have more song birds at my feeders this spring then I’ve ever had????

big_g
    Isle, MN

We are part of nature… if we over use a resource, it will run out. Let nature take its course. coffee

Deuces

Not hard to read into supercats thoughts here.

All examples citing why we need them are actually examples only confirming his statement, when left alone it will come back.

Man coming from nature does not mean it is for or of nature. Press of a few buttons and this whole earth would cease to exist, doesnt sound to natural to me. The actions of humans are widely regarded outside the natural realm, bc mostly, historically, they have not been all that great for nature.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Not hard to read into supercats thoughts here.

All examples citing why we need them are actually examples only confirming his statement, when left alone it will come back.

Man coming from nature does not mean it is for or of nature. Press of a few buttons and this whole earth would cease to exist, doesnt sound to natural to me. The actions of humans are widely regarded outside the natural realm, bc mostly, historically, they have not been all that great for nature.

This is exactly what I meant not that we can’t make the world better but sometimes we stick our fingers a little to far. As George Carlin said when the earth is sick of us it will just shake and will all fall off.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.