Any Reports??

• goody
    Participant
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

Kind of surprised nobody is posting results here….figured there had to be some folks catching something besides me…maybe just being tight lipped.

Still doing well on the main lake when I get a chance to get out….very few small gills and very many HOSS gills (all released for your catching pleasure). Even a nice crappie here and there if you try hard enough. Gills have been aggressive in places, but very skittish in others. Still a lot of fun to say the least….love to have that rod doubled over with a gill the size of a crappie!

goody

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Goody, I used to live near Big Creek back 8 years ago when the pretty much drained it and killed off all the fish. Sounds like the fishing has recovered real well. That is good news. I owned land on one of the creeks that flowed into the lake and there were always A LOT of musky in there in the spring. They were small but the action was real good!

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Awesome report Goody. THANKS for releasing the big gills.

Dave

nirrad
    Participant
    Des Moines, Iowa

glad to hear something is biting now, maybe they still will be this spring

zamer
    Participant
    Grimes, Iowa

I got a report from a pretty reliable source and he said that he has been hitting 15-17″ walleyes near the dam in 50 ft of water. Aparently the fish are suspended 25-30 ft. Most fish caught on minnows with some coming from jigging rapalas and swedish pimples. Hope I can get out and try it this weekend.

goody
    Participant
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

Thanks for the report Zamer…hope that person is keeping those fish cuz at that depth they are dead fish. I wont fish that deep cuz I know it kills them and dont need any more fish in the freezer for now. Thanks for the report though!

goody

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.