Big Creek, IA – Dead?

• dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Wow, there hasn’t been a post in here since Iowa State Fair time and now we are 2 weeks from Thanksgiving.

The fishing never really seemed to recover for me from this springs rain, but has anyone given BC a shot lately? Surely someone is out there?

Dave

annmarie
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Tried it last week and no luck. Has anyone tried below the dam I would think the walleyes would start to hit soon.

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

You mean the Big Creek spillway into Saylorville? I have seen people fishing there but I did not see anything caught. I spent about 30 minutes there 2 weeks ago with no results.

Dave

annmarie
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

I was talking about the dam where sailorville empties into the des monies river. I’m off tomorrow so I think I might try some pheasant hunting around Polk City on the public ground and then maybe try fishing the river below the dam on the way home.

annmarie
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

thanks Dave, maybe I will see you down there. I’ll probably go in the late afternoon and will have red cyclones hat on. If I don’t see you let me know how you did.

nirrad
    Participant
    Des Moines, Iowa

good luck guys wish I could head there, but I’m on strike from big creek till next summer maybe better luck

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Hi Scott,

It was great to see you at the Spillway. Sorry I couldnt stop and talk…. I was running late for dinner

Did you fish at all? The bite didnt last long, if you blinked… you missed it. Jim and I both got hybrids and the guy down from Jim took home a nice eater walleye.

Dave

goody
    Participant
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

I’ll let you know how the BC bite is once ice covers it

goody

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

HA! I just called the marina to have the boat winterized so my surrender is official…

I hope to see you on the BC ice this winter!

Dave

nirrad
    Participant
    Des Moines, Iowa

say it’s not so Dave

ivanbrehmer
    Participant
    Johnston, Iowa

Yup I surrendered also. Took it in on Thursday for winterizing.
    Ivan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.