Big Sandy Eagle Point Report 8/17/19

• sand-burr
    Participant
    Grasston, MN

This week’s report 8/17/19
    Big Ole moon and a slight chill in the air… makes the hair on my neck stand up! This is gearing up to the end of summer but also some of the best fishing of the year. Keep in mind to make your Labor Day events and plan on visiting Wild Rice Days in McGregor.

Big Sandy Lake
    I kept things low key this weekend. It was by far the best weekend I had seen for catch to keep ratios on the walleyes. I had multiple reports of 15-18 keep-able fish. I am also seeing more people joining the plastic train! Its very tough for people because they have low confidence in tossing plastics. Grab some purple and chartreuse and give it a whirl! Walleyes were found on the weed edges early and out on the main lake humps during the day. The docks are still producing early morning crappies and there was some competition for a few of them last weekend. Saturday brought out everyone that owned a jet ski or recreational boat. I witnessed a few guys trying to fish through the day and I’m not sure how they stayed in the boat is was so wavy. Have some respect out there.

Wild Rice Days

Wild Rice Days

Eagle Point Facebook link:
    https://www.facebook.com/eaglepointbigsandy/

Good luck on the water and have fun with the family!

Shannon Kruse

tim hurley
    Participant

Not sure the average jet ski in’ 20 year old is reading your post.

sand-burr
    Participant
    Grasston, MN

Tim you are correct. If I can make one boater aware of what is going to happen on a very hot day I will be satisfied.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.