Best chairs for hubs?

• Todd Henneberg
    Participant
    Boyd, MN

Looking to see what everyone uses for chairs in a hub. I’ve used pails, summer chairs and an looking for something better. Thought about stealing my lodge seats and mounting them to something, just not sure what.

AaronMoore
    Participant

I just picked up a hunting chair, my back is not liking those short tripod stools or paint buckets anymore

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0771.jpg

IceAsylum
    Participant
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Aaron I like that. I use a tripod stool with a back on it. Tried the old style lawn chair and when I leaned for something to the side them old aluminum tube gave me a ride, twice. When I stepped out side with it, it went flying. Than I felt better and went and picked it up and finished the day in it. Never took that out again. tongue

Al Case
    Participant

I love the blue Clam chairs.

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

I love the blue Clam chairs.

The ones with the cooler underneath you!

E Ashwell
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Those are the best.

d21arren
    Participant

I was looking at the Eskimo Versa chairs they put in their new EVO lineup. Reeds had these for sale online, but not anymore. They sit high enough and are light weight and fold flat for easy storage in a sled.

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Lawn Chairs….

Attachments:
    1. 0000000087591.jpg

2. IMG_1137.jpg

Kurt Turner
    Participant
    Kasson, MN

To each their own… I see someone mentioned the 3 legged chairs. I’d highly suggest sitting in one before buying. My sack will never be the same after trying to sit in those one day. No matter what you buy I strongly suggest you sit in it before the purchase. Personally I don’t like chairs with arms. Just another obstruction to work around for me.

Gabe Kuettner
    Participant
    wabasha mn

5gallon pale and a ht ass cushion lol

Josh Bothum
    Participant

I just picked up a hunting chair, my back is not liking those short tripod stools or paint buckets anymore

That looks pretty sweet…

How much, $100.00?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0771-200x2001.jpg

Ed Stern
    Participant
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

A few years ago, I found a couple of director chairs at a garage sale for fifty cents each. I have used them for shore fishing, ice fishing & deer hunting ever since. Trying to get up from those stools or three legged chairs was a problem for me—–it slowed me up! And I found for ice fishing, these chairs made it easy for me to slip down to one knee to deal with the fish in my hole quickly. And these sit more like a normal chair height, so the stiffness isn’t as severe!

AaronMoore
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AaronMoore wrote:</div>

That looks pretty sweet…

How much, $100.00?

I got it for $79 as bass pro marked it wrong. I try this chair out and I taking it back because those arms get it the way. I did see one with out arms at Cabela’s so I think I’m going to try that one

catmando
    Participant
    wis

I got a folding seat at fleet farm ,in the front it has a big zippered pouch. Will hold a limit of Bluegill’s .l think it’s really made for shotgunning, pretty slick. DK.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Anybody ever try the Redneck Outdoors Hunting Chair? Says it holds 350lbs. Height adjustable, swivels, and folds. I really like the thick padding on the seat and back.

16lbs may be a little much for a portability standpoint, but with an ATV or snowmobile it obviously isn’t much of a concern.
    $90 is a bit much for me to bite on something I can’t try in person though. But the reviews do look good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OM7LL0A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Zdu-xb6SBWD38

Matt Ny
    Participant

lawn chair like the style pictured earlier, cheap and simple and don’t take up much space

bullcans
    Participant
    Northfield MN

http://www.cabelas.com/product/camping/camp-furniture/camp-chairs-stools%7C/pc/104795280/c/104267880/sc/558326880/cabela-s-director-s-chair/1748327.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcamp-chairs-stools%2F_%2FN-1115036%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_558326880

That is what I use

x2
    This style (doesn’t have to be this exact one) works fantastic
    I like that its foldable and the connected tray is huge in my opinion

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

I need all tall/strong chair because I’m 6’5″ and with heavy boots and clothes weigh 245. Those bag chairs are too low and you sit back too far to jig decent. Haven’t found the one that’s perfect yet.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

I need all tall/strong chair because I’m 6’5″ and with heavy boots and clothes weigh 245. Those bag chairs are too low and you sit back too far to jig decent. Haven’t found the one that’s perfect yet.

Exactly why I asked about the Redneck Chair. I’m 6-3 250. The folding canvas/camp chairs are terrible to get out of and cut off the circulation in my legs after an extended sit, and a bucket doesn’t do my back justice. I’ve found myself standing, kneeling, or just leaning against my atv more because I can’t find a decent chair.

I may just bite the bullet and try it. If it doesn’t work for me, I will attempt to return it. I’ll report back once I try it.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.