Benjamin Marauder in 0.22 or 0.25

• boone
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

I’m thinking about getting a Benjamin Marauder PCP air rifle. I’m currently shooting a break-barrel 0.177 but have never been able to get great consistency from one day to the next hence the desire to upgrade.

I’m trying to decide if I should go with the 0.22 or 0.25. I’ll use it primarily for target shooting and pest control with rabbits being the largest. Any thoughts on the advantages / disadvantages of a 0.22 vs. a 0.25?

Another question… Any recommendations on a air pump or is it better to get a compressor? I’m leaning towards getting a hand pump for simplicity and cost savings. By the time you get the air rifle, scope, and hand pump or compressor, it costs more than entry level high powered rifles.

Thanks

Dean Marshall
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I shoot both 22 & 25. Based on what I percieve you to be saying, the 22 will be a better fit, especially using a hand pump. You are using far less air as compared to the 25. The pellet choices are greater for 22 as well. Polymags are lethal as can be for squirrels ,rabbits,etc. Reg crossman domes for paper punching typically work well.

wkw
    Participant

I have a Beeman Sportsman. Shoots 22 cal and is deadly accurate.
    One pump break barrel.

TH
    Participant

The 25 hits harder if you’re hunting with it. I had a beeman Kodiak in 25 cal. that the stock broke due to spring recoil. Loved shooting that rifle. Never bought another 25 cal, but it’s on my list. Don’t buy a PCP without noise reduction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.