Blackduck this week

• benihana
    Participant
    Central MN

Hey guys, we are up at blackduck this week, and so far we are almost striking out on fish in the last day and a half. Anyone have any spots they would suggest? We have 5 kids with us, and last year they could catch fish off the dock all day, this year almost nothing. We have two boats so we can all go out and fish, we are just having trouble finding them. We have tried a bunch of the humps and holes but very little luck. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us out.

go-fish
    Participant
    Mn.se metro

Pm sent.

wade
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

Are you set on staying at Blackduck, if you are willing to pop around to a few local areas I would suggest Gilstead (fun panfish and crappie), Pimushe (crappie, walleye, northern), Turtle Lake (walleye, crappie, and my first dog fish) I would also suggest check with the guys at Timberline sports as they will let you know what and where to go in general areas, they are always very helpful and friendly! Good luck and hope you can get on some.

benihana
    Participant
    Central MN

Thanks for the info guys. We found a couple bars that held some decent perch. We have never really given trolling or drifting much of a try, but after reading some of the local fishing reports we went and got some lindy rigs and bottom bouncers. After struggling through 2 more days of jigging perch and only “accidentally” catching one eye, we finally tried the lindy’s and bottom bouncers. Because we had the families along we had our bigger boats along, not our little fishing boat, so our trolling had to be done with I/o trimmed almost all the way up, pulling a drift sock. After getting fine tuned Thursday morning finally, we caught 3 eyes a perch and a northern bouncing lindys. After lunch we got all 12 of us out in the boats jigging perch again, and that night we tried trolling the lindys and got one more eye. Then Friday morning we fought the wind, trying to keep the big boats at the right depth, and not tangling in what weeds was a challenge, but we did get a couple more eyes, and later that early afternoon, a northern pulling raps over the weeds. We ended up with about 70 fish for the week, 7 eyes all 13-15, 5 northern 18-21.5, a couple big bullheads, about a 8-10 pound sheephead(that was a heck of a fight, my wife hooked into it, and after a short time handed me the pole)and a mess of perch. We had a lot of fun, but without the normal weeds on that lake, we had to start over from what we learned last year, so it was a challenge. Plus it looked like the lake turned during the week, so that made it interesting also. Just thought i would report how we did, thatnks for the info!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.