Any other IDO’ers fishing Blackduck next week?

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’m heading up to Blackduck for my summer week vacation starting on the 27th. Anyone else out there going to be fishing? It’s my first time to the lake and hopefully after a day or two I’ll have everything figured out! Main target: Walleyes. Secondary target: sunnies with my three year old and little nephews.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Which Blackduck are you talking about. The one near Orr or the one near Red Lake?

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

The first thing I recommend you do is call Ken Cardenas at Cardenas bait. Just up the road from the lake. He traps and raises his own bait, the quality is exceptional. The gas station in Blackduck has bait as well, but I would, and do go out of my way to get it from Kenny.

24639 Hines Rd NE, Hines, MN, 56647
    218-835-4718

Kenny guides on Blackduck and other area lakes, and is one hell of a hook. Tell him that one of Dan Reis Jr.’s buddies sent you. He will point you in the right direction.

Also, be prepared to go toe to toe with some giant sheepies, there are a lot of silver tankers in that lake.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

try fishing gull lake just down the road from blackduck, fishing is just as good, and less pressure.

if you are going to try it, send me a pm, and i can tell you what i found in 4 days of fishing it last summer. by the way, i caught some of the biggest sunnies of my life on Gull last year, and caught them on shad raps. it was weird to say the least…

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I think there is a local walleye tourney out there this coming weekend. I was in Cass last last week and herd a few guys at the bait shop talking about it coming up.

Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.