End of 2012 Report…

• jrholland93

Spent the last couple of days of 2012 changing out bait, propane, and getting renters settled and comfortable. Also found some time to fish…

Me, buddy Pat, and buddy Tim headed out on the sled for some big bluegills. I should’ve stayed in bed, as the day was an absolute train-wreck. Started off by running out of break fluid, or course, while I was loading. The sled slid over the front and into the bumper of the truck. Later, I ran out of gas. One of those Murphy’s Law kind of days I will try to forget… We trekked 5-6 miles across untouched snow and settled on a large flat, working 12-15′ of water. We got into a few really nice schools of fish, and everyone was able to forget about the earlier mishaps! ‘Gills ranged from 8″ to just over 10″. Lindy Bugs with euro’s…

After seeing some renters with tullies, and getting a quick taste the other night, a buddy and I went out in search of them. Fished anywhere from 30-50′ of water, and were rewarded with 20+ tullies for the smoker, and 5 nice perch. Original Viking Spoons with an 8″ drop down to a Lindy Ice Jig with a tail was the ticket. MArked hundreds of fish, and watched them chase like lakers for a few hours. What a riot!

Happy New Year, everyone!

chirp
    Rochester

Matt, sounds like a good day even after a awful start. Can you tell me what lake you were on?

jrholland93

Tullies and perch came from Lake Bemidji… pannies were from the lake I ran out of gas on….

chirp
    Rochester

Matt, thanks for the info. Any Bluegills to be caught on Lake Bemidji? My Son goes to BSU. Would love to come up and give it a try. Thanks again, Chuck

jrholland93

There are a few in the Mississippi chain of lakes, but are tough to come by. Especially in the winter. Much better off picking a small lake on the outer rim, and having a go. Most of the smaller lakes in our area are great for panfish!

chirp
    Rochester

Thanks Matt. Keep the reports coming.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.