went in search of the mystical gills

• rapalafisherman
    St. mary's point/Bemidji, MN

hit 4 lakes in the past 2 days, and nothing to show but a few dink perch, first it was three island and then gull, tried multiple spots from deeper to shallow, humps to weed lines, then 2 dink lakes south of plantan. Still was a good time, and thats why they call it fishing not catching!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Tell you what, I admire a post like that more than about any other. You had the guts to go after the big prize and this time you fell short. Saw some new country and checked a few lakes off the list. When you do hit it big, you’ll have the place to yourself, and will probably continue to until or unless word gets out. Repeat this process enough times, and you’ll have handfuls of bites that no one explores. As frustrating as striking out can be, know that it’s a crucial part of the process to eventually striking it rich!

Joel

rapalafisherman
    St. mary's point/Bemidji, MN

thanks joel, and thats the plan is to keep on jumping around until things take a turn. It was pretty neat seeing all the little lakes around and wondering if that could be the one!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I love it, wish I was up there with you! Keep us posted, you’re about guaranteed to hit it big eventually.

Joel

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Way to work for ’em! Usualy by the time the word gets out on a “hot bite”, the bite isn’t so hot anymore. Make sure you have a camera on you when you do find ’em!

jrholland93

I applaud your efforts! Keep searching, and don’t give up on the lakes you’ve hit either. Sometimes all they need is something to kick their switch (time of year, weather, time of day, hatches, etc…)

Nice report!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.