Musky Opener Incidental….

• jrholland93

Had a long-time client in on Sat. who wanted to get a limit of walleyes before he heads off to Japan for a good portion of the summer. We hit Lake Bemidji at 4pm and were planning on hitting a few spots to try to locate some hungry fish. After seeing the wind, I decided to check an old stand-by and it worked out. We managed around 20 ‘eyes with a 45″ bonus musky tossed in. Phelp’s Half-Faced Jigs and shiners and fatheads worked, snap-jigging in 4-8’ of water. We went through 2 scoops of shiners in short-order, and luckily the fish were willing to take a fathead.

We’ve finally got some beautiful weather up here. Come on up and enjoy this great fishing while it lasts!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I drove by Lake Bemidji not two days ago. Sadly… without boat or fishing gear. I’ve always wanted to fish the lake as I’ve heard very good things about the walleye bite. What struck me as odd was that there was not one single boat on the lake midday on a tuesday.

jrholland93

Should’ve called, James! I was on the lake all day on Tues. pre-fishing. It was brutally windy out there, so most of the boats were tucked up on the north or east ends. Haven’t been a lot of people fishing that south shore, where you would’ve been able to see them. It can be deceiving looking out and not seeing anything, but I assure you, with the big tourney this weekend, the lake has been busy!

Tuesday night I had another guest out who absolutely laid wood to the walleyes. Walleye fishing in June… can’t beat it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.