Beautiful Day

• Weekender
    Participant
    Southcentral MN

What a day! 77 degrees with sun and light wind. Perfect day to get done early at work and head straight to the lake…. which of course I did. smile

My wife joined me in the boat today for some kid-free time. She read her book, I casted a 1/8oz or 1/16oz jig & minnow into 4 to 6 feet of water. The fish were still on the bite. Caught plenty and missed plenty. But the highlight was this thick 28″ in 6ft of water just 10ft from the boat. Gotta love hand-to-hand combat in shallow water!

The fish are starting to heat back up with this weather after they went into a little funk during the cold snap. Weeds are coming along nicely as well and fishing will continue to improve. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20220527_180237.jpg

2. 20220527_200745-scaled.jpg

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Heading up to da big nort woods in a couple of weeks, praying for days like those!!
    Nicely done weekender!!

Weekender
    Participant
    Southcentral MN

Heading up to da big nort woods in a couple of weeks, praying for days like those!!
    Nicely done weekender!!

Excellent! Hope it comes together for ya! Best of luck and good times! waytogo

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Thank you sir!! the last time spring was shaping up like this one has been the temps never got above 63, cloudy and rainy everyday, first time since 1984 I had to sit by a campfire the third week of June with a hooded sweatshirt on, the bonus was no skeeters so that was worth something!!

Weekender
    Participant
    Southcentral MN

Thank you sir!! the last time spring was shaping up like this one has been the temps never got above 63, cloudy and rainy everyday, first time since 1984 I had to sit by a campfire the third week of June with a hooded sweatshirt on, the bonus was no skeeters so that was worth something!!

I just hope the water levels don’t goof things up for you.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Not too worried about high water, the last time water was high in the lake I fish it was due to beavers damming the two drainage culverts into another lake south of it.
    Fishing was excellent that year! new ground under water caused a bunch of weed growth like I havent seen since 84, the cover it provided gave us an opportunity to fish new shallow areas and those areas were full of willing panfish, perch, etc.
    We didnt have to trim the motor all of the way up to go through a pass into the main lake which was nice.

Then of course property owners with homes and beaches started complaining to the DNR about the water covering their beaches and lawns at the waters edge so they came out and dynamited the two dams after trapping the beavers and relocating them.

Wallyhntr1
    Participant
    Tonka

I’m surprised they didn’t call Sheldons air service, worm digging & explosion Co to remove that dam…. smash hah

Iowaboy1
    Participant

Ya, I wear many hats in my walk of life but I am not too surprised they didnt call me to blow the dam, they probably heard about the time I launched a four hundred pound tree stump about an eighth of a mile on the farm, man did that blast leave a smoldering gravel pit in the hillside!!

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

well done sir!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.