Battery

• Rod McLaughlin
    Participant

Hello all, I am new here. Just picked up my first boat, a very nice 1995 Warrior Eagle V177 in Alberta Canada. Nice boat but I was hoping someone could help me out. It did not come with Battery’s. Not sure if I need two and if so how do I connect them? The battery compartment has several Red marked 1 and 2 and several black marked 1 and 2 with a strange (to Me) connector on the ends. see pic attached. Running a 12v trolling motor off the front. Also is there a way to charge them from the boat or do I do it with a charger?

Thanks for any help

Attachments:
    1. bat.jpg

royalfish
    Participant

There may be other ways to work this, but here is how mine is setup.

You will need 2 batteries. Hook Black 1 and Red 1 to Battery 1. Hook Black 2 and Red 2 to Battery 2. This will send 12V to the socket in the bow and 12V to the stern socket. You will need a Marinco 12/24V plug to wire to the end of your trolling motor cord. Inside the plug you will have to wire to the 12V connection and not the 24V. The plug has an internal jumper that can make 24V in the plug.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Looks like 2 battery set up, but we need more info, do you have a 12v or 24V trolling motor or any trolling motor at all? Is there a starting battery already in the boat? You may need more then we can offer over the internet, like someone to actually look at and sort that out. Who did you buy it from? Would they tell you how they had it hooked up?

Rod McLaughlin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. 12v Trolling motor in the front. It was a Private sale. I have tried contacting the previous owner but he does not respond.

Rod McLaughlin
    Participant

Thank you, I will test this out.

There may be other ways to work this, but here is how mine is setup.

You will need 2 batteries. Hook Black 1 and Red 1 to Battery 1. Hook Black 2 and Red 2 to Battery 2. This will send 12V to the socket in the bow and 12V to the stern socket. You will need a Marinco 12/24V plug to wire to the end of your trolling motor cord. Inside the plug you will have to wire to the 12V connection and not the 24V. The plug has an internal jumper that can make 24V in the plug.

royalfish
    Participant

I have a ’98 V177 Eagle as well. The way I described will work for sure. Just make sure the plug on your TM cord is wired correctly. It’s really not hard once you open the plug up you will see.

Rod McLaughlin
    Participant

I have a ’98 V177 Eagle as well. The way I described will work for sure. Just make sure the plug on your TM cord is wired correctly. It’s really not hard once you open the plug up you will see.

Hey Royalfish
    As I think about it I am wondering why I need the TM cord if my trolling motor is 12V and I have 12V coming from the socket?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.