New MN State Record Bass

• cade-laufenberg
    Participant
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i just saw it on the news. It was one heck of a pig!..it blows what i thought was a big bass out of the water!

jimt
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

That’s a great fish and congrats to that angler but fish like that and bigger live in this area too…Ft McCoy and the numerous cranberry marshes around the Tomah area are some of the best big bass waters in Wisconsin. About 5 years ago a friend of mine got one over 9 and I’ve personally landed several between 7 and 8 1/2 pounds from these waters over the past few years. Rumors of even bigger fish surface every year in this area. Due to the trout planting program they have there I believe the next Wisconsin state record lives in one of the Ft McCoy numerous small lakes. All the fish I’ve caught went right back in so who knows how big they are now. McCoy waters are open to the public…just have to buy an annual permit. Starting now and to almost freeze-up is the best time to get one of these giants…if you happen to pop one just remember to catch, photo, and release.

davenorton50
    Participant
    Burlington, WI

I also saw it on ESPN “Cold Pizza” this morning. This ESPN lady was saying how look so small .

todysplane
    Participant

Caught this one in Minnesota. 22.5″ 7.6 lbs.

crawdaddy
    Participant
    St. Paul MN

Quote:

Caught this one in Minnesota.

Well of course you did Captain Obvious, bass that big don’t live in Wisconsin. Well, not unless Louis Spray caught it, and then it’d have 5 pounds of spark plugs and lead weights shoved in its guts….

(very nice fish btw!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.