Pool 2 White Bass

• bgianpetro
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

My brother and I were out on Saturday chasing Walleyes with BfishN plastics and we stumbled on these guys. Once we got on them, we couldn’t keep them off our lines. Most of them were around the same size, but man were they fun. I personally had never caught a white bass before, and I didn’t know they could be this much fun or get that big. After a while on this spot, we decided to move to a wing dam to try and get back on the Eyes. I threw out a crank bait and bam! right away I’ve got a fish on. Of course I’m thinking it’s a Walleye but it turned out to be another White Bass! I guess it was just their day…

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dont know many river guys that can pass up a school of large feeding white bass. Lots of fun. What where they hitting?

bgianpetro
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

They were hitting on my newly purchased BFishN tackle. They didn’t seem too picky — I was using a ringworm in Vikings colors, and my brother was using a Pulse-R in white. Both seemed to produce about the same.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There used to be a lot more of them in the river system. Seem to be on a decline the last few years. Used to catch them on just about every dam or rock pile while looking for walleyes. Its good to see a few schools still hanging around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.