well its my fault..

• smoke grub

so I put in about 9 hours today on pool 8. one. after 5 weeks, my fish are gone.. they dropped the water, which finally got to a level were there is next to no current in my area. and then I brought in my nephew. he is a slop flipping fool.. he is really good at this method. plus, the bass were not chasing frogs on the surface.

so I caught , i think, two keepers.. he caught 8 bass, seven of which more then made the line, at had a five fish total over 13 lbs..

and I had the front of the boat. and he smoked me.. so I now am putting away the swim jig.. and its going to be flipping the next few days out.. I need the to get that feel.

I had a good time.. but the last fish that he caught was right where I had just flipped ,and it was the big fish of the day.. it was a heavy three..

it does eat at you a bit..

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I apologize but what is a slop flipping fool and what method was he using to catch all them bass. Was he catching on beavers ?? texas rig? I’m a newbie …help

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Don’t worry smoke grub. I pulled my hair out Thursday night. 1 keeper in 3hrs of fishing. That’s not to say we didn’t catch fish, but catching 10″ers when you know there’s 3lb’ers in the area drives a guy to drink. It didn’t matter what we tried either. Sometimes it’s just not meant to be.

smoke grub

slop and mat, the emergent weeds matted on the surface.. could be eel grass, deer tounge, northern milfoil, or coontail, or a major combination of all of the above.
    flipping, is use of a heavy sinker , heavy hook, and some sort of either jig or soft plastic lure. some use worms. others use some type of beaver, or claw or craw. or a combination of one of those above.
    going by todays everstart, he would have been close to the top with at least 9 lbs on three fish.. including,one really heavy three..

I hope that this helps in what we were doing..

smoke grub

Quote:

Don’t worry smoke grub. I pulled my hair out Thursday night. 1 keeper in 3hrs of fishing. That’s not to say we didn’t catch fish, but catching 10″ers when you know there’s 3lb’ers in the area drives a guy to drink. It didn’t matter what we tried either. Sometimes it’s just not meant to be.

thanks blue fleck. I appreciate it coming from you. I have never caught the quality of non- keepers like I have this year, these fish all look and fight like keepers until you measure them. and even then, they are so wide and fat, that you can’t believe your own eyes.

this mat flipping, is lone ly way of fishing. Its fun when you get bit, but you might only average a fish an hour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.