Bass Hawk

• ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I see Crestliner is coming out with an aluminum bass boat that looks similar to a Fishawk hull. It looks similar to a Lund Pro V bass boat. Anyone see one yet? It looks like a pretty new model; might not be many around. Wonder how it will go over? Thanks

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Based on the amount of responses and interest it looks like this should be a great seller for Crestliner.

hillhiker
    Participant
    SE MN

I have seen and ridden in a couple. I thought it ran very well, and If I remember correctly there was some tweaking done to the fishhawk hull to make the Basshawk. I would bet you will see a few more around this year since it was not released till summer last year, and fairly late in the summer if memory serves. Any specific questions let me know, I can try and answer

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

I really like that these bigger companies (Crestliner, Lund, Ranger, etc.)are finally coming out with bass specific tin boats and not just letting it be dominated by Tracker.

Has to be better for the consumer in the end.

Ryan P
    Participant
    Farmington

I saw a Facebook live from the sport show on the Crestliner page with Jason Mitchell. I believe he said he is switching to the Bass Hawk. Might be worth checking out if you are interested in the boat.

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

I saw a Facebook live from the sport show on the Crestliner page with Jason Mitchell. I believe he said he is switching to the Bass Hawk. Might be worth checking out if you are interested in the boat.

I bet a lot of people would if they got the boat for a steep discount…

Aaron Kalberer
    Participant

My dad is getting one as well, 1850 with pedestals and jump seats. Figured it will be great for pitching jigs and tossing slip bobbers which is our main techniques. They are definitely a cool boat and with the raised decks offer a bit more storage beings the compartments are deeper. Looking forward to seeing it and trying it out this year.

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

I bet a lot of people would if they got the boat for a steep discount…

Someone jealous?…He’s been running for Crestliner for quite a few years?… coffee

wormdunker
    Participant

Just you are not aware, this looks to be the leader in aluminum boat technology.
    Some extremely ground breaking design concepts and manufacturing process changes from your grandpas aluminum boat.
    This boat is designed and built by THE A”” team from the original Ranger Boats.
    The FIRST aluminum boat to offer fiberglass truly waterproof compartments. For those of you accustomed to tin boats with wood floors and aluminum carpeted boxes, you don’t know what you are missing in true weatherproof storage.
    Custom trailers, all deep cycle batteries are 31 class!! vs 24 you get in traditional aluminum package boats. Top of the line Electronics. Fully customize-able in every sense of the word. NO WOOD. Aluminum decks with Fiberglass compartments. Pro-grade splash proof live-wells with real plumbing (No over fill tube to jack around with, live-well pumpout, Fully Custom trailer w surge brakes, on board charger……. I could go on and on but Vexus appears to have teken aluminum boats to a new level.
    http://www.vexusboats.com

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I think I’m pulling the trigger tomorrow. 1850 Pedestal that’s a demo from MN kids at a bass tournament in Tn. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks.

Aaron Kalberer
    Participant

I will have an 1850 in the driveway this evening until sunday (it is a demo to play with) It has a 150 on it with talons trolling motor and fish finders. I am not sure what brand and model the electronics are yet but will know this evening when we take it fishing. I am excited to get in this thing, feel free to let me know if there are any questions on it.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks, Aaron, I don’t have it yet. I hope to have it by Friday, They had to move my Ultrex and graphs over. Taking longer then I thought. I will hit you up with questions. Run that thing hard and let ne know what you think. Thanks, Sam

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

I really like that these bigger companies (Crestliner, Lund, Ranger, etc.)are finally coming out with <em class=”ido-tag-em”>bass specific tin boats and not just letting it be dominated by Tracker.

Has to be better for the consumer in the end.

Not positive but I dont think this is Crestliners first poop at a tin bassboat. If i remember correctly they took a shot at this in the 2000’s. Also, Tracker is not the only brand making alum bass boats. Many other goo, reputable brands do or have. Ranger included. Us bass guys just love our Sparkle finish. Lol. Jeff Foxworthy used to have a skit about Rednecks, bassboats, and tinsle. Was true and funny.

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

Ive had 2 tin bass boats. Both served me well. Both were trackers. The first a 1987 Tracker Tournament V17 with an 80hp merc. I put a deck extension on the front deck. Was my first River ready rig. Great boat. Saw itbon Craigslist 2 years ago. Called for s&g’s, still running strong. No leaksvor motor probs. I put a 24-volt MotorGuide Tour series Almost boat, used it not just on the river but many lakes some of them electric only never failed me. The second was a 1999 Tracker PT185 zsE with merc 75. Another grest fishing vessel. Would run about 44 mph with ss prop and lifting motor a bit. Fished tourneys out of it. Sold it and made money. Replaced with my trusty Skèeter. I keep in loose contact with the guy that bought my old PT185. He has not not had an issue in 7 years and he uses it regularly. Nothing wrong with tin boats. I would take these boats out on the River under any conditions the guy’s the big glass rigs would go. Keep in mind though, I was young. I do prefer my glass rig now, much more stable. That said, the new tin rigs are wider and more stable than the tin bassboats that I owned.

Aaron Kalberer
    Participant

So the model that showed up is a 1750 bass hawk, with a pro xs 150 on it, really windy yesterday but was able to hit 48 mph. The functionality of the boat was very well. I love the deep storage compartments, pitched jigging raps last night for eyes in 25 FOW and the wind minimally affected the boat control. only complaints were the trolling motor being a cable drive and the transducers were not hooked up (it was a dealer meeting boat so it was not actually rigged to fish). It handled the waves well but the waves were not terribly big. We plan on using the heck out of it in the next few days and should have a good write up to follow. As of now I am excited for my dad to obtain his 1850 as this seems to be a great platform.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I ran mine through the paces today. 1850 pedestal 150 4 stroke Merc. It certainly is more of a bass boat. Sitting low at the wheel was kind of different. Big front deck is dynamite. It has butt seats which i had never used. I think I prefer to just stand. Big live well. It hit 50 which is plenty fast for me. Storage is excellent. I bought mine from HWY 3 Marine in Merrifield, MN. They were great to deal with. It’s quite the improvement over my Fish Hawk for my style of fishing—-mainly bass, with a little walleye and panfish. The Fish Hawk was a great boat for 15 years. Kinda felt bad leaving her at the dealers.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

You won’t sit on the butt seat much. I found mine to get used most when fishing when the wind was blowing pretty good. I would lean against it for balance. I don’t know that I ever sat on mine other then moving from spot to spot with the trolling motor.

Aaron Kalberer
    Participant

Ran the 1750 this weekend, I got 49.7 out of it with a 150 pro xs. this was not the pedestal model, great platform to fish out of, tons of storage! seats were very comfortable, livewell was sized decent enough. Being low on the water was definitely different and on some of the larger waves the ride was a little wet but it did handle the rough seas quite well. Overall a nice boat but I did miss the cockpit of a traditional walleye boat which it made up for in the large fishing platforms.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Ive had the boat a week now and been out a few times. It’s a great platform to bass fish from. Storage is excellent. Ive always been a Yamaha guy, but the Merc 150 4 stroke has performed well. I realized i have an automatic bilge pump because i forgot to put the plug in at fishing league the other night. I’m surprised how much an extra foot and 5 inches of added beam make a difference. Never had a bunk trailer until now. It’s pretty forgiving when loading. If any has any questions feel free to ask. Have a good weekend and catch some big ones.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.