Balsam Lake, WI Panfish/Walleye/northern locations

• Jake_A

Anyone have any advice on where to go on Balsam for some perch and/or panfish? Going up on Sunday and am looking for some advice… Also wondering the best spot to set tip ups for walleyes and northerns. Any info would be great!!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Also wondering the best spot to set tip ups for walleyes and northerns.

I cant resist ……

In the water

Just kidding with ya I’ve never fished Balsam and always wanted to so I am intrested to read some of the responses

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

Anyone have any advice on where to go on Balsam for some perch and/or panfish? Going up on Sunday and am looking for some advice… Also wondering the best spot to set tip ups for walleyes and northerns. Any info would be great!!!

Fish it during open water season. None during hardwater. Someone should chime in with some help

honest_john
    Twin Cities, Minn.

You might try just a little west off the rocky point on East Balsam for walleyes, pan fish and perch. Also try the north and south sides of that rocky point. Another area to try is south of Stump Bay (you will see lots of fishing shacks there). If you are going to fish there for walleyes, panfish and perch, you could also set tipups for northern along the weedline in stump bay. You could try leaving your minnow just under the ice on the tipups for northerns. Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.