Doing Any Good?

• steldtc1

Is there any reports coming off of Balsam?

red89
    Hudson

Fished it twice so far this year, not a lot of action. Got some bass and northern on tip-ups, and had a hard time finding any pannies jigging but did manage some one day.

red89
    Hudson

Any info on how the fishing has been anybody? Hoping to pull the big permanent up off of menomin and do an overnight at balsam in a month or so. Any suggestions?

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Which Balsam is this forum about, if it is about the balsam attached to Red Cedar north of Rice Lake, then that lake is near dead. If it is the one by Turtle Lake/Amery, that also is non-productive. We have been doing quite well however on lower turtle lake just north of hwy 64, limits almost daily. If one looks at a Wisconsin lake map, there are 109 Balsam lakes, which one is this?

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Hmmm Funny you say that as I was just over there & by the sights I was seeing in my camera it is anything but dead. They might not allways cooperate with your offerings, but the lake definately is not dead.Things will pick up again. Best of luck fishing WHITE TIP

red89
    Hudson

Well in my case I was talking about the balsam north of amery…. pretty sure it is the main balsam lake that i ever hear of.

buck-slayer

Way back when an Indain came to the top of a hill and looking over the water said ” Balls some lake” and thats how it got its name.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.