Bait?

• Weekender
    Southcentral MN

I’ve heard some requirements have gone away this year. How about live bait? Still cannot bring any across the border into Ontario?

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Still can not bring any live bait across the border. I asked if he thought crawlers would ever be allowed again, he said no.

On a related note, I’ve been going to Ontario one or twice a year for the last 6 years and got asked this year if my boat has been dry for 6-8 weeks. I was honest and said no. He proceeded to tell me that is a new requirement. I asked him if he was joking because no serious fisherman would have their boat out of the water for 6-8 weeks!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Still can not bring any live bait across the border. I asked if he thought crawlers would ever be allowed again, he said no.

On a related note, I’ve been going to Ontario one or twice a year for the last 6 years and got asked this year if my boat has been dry for 6-8 weeks. I was honest and said no. He proceeded to tell me that is a new requirement. I asked him if he was joking because no serious fisherman would have their boat out of the water for 6-8 weeks!

That’s ridiculous… Did they let you through?

I don’t see the purpose. Unless they’re trying to force anyone from the states to use a guide.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Yeah, he let us through. Fishing was fantastic!

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Thanks guys. We’ll order our crawlers in Fort Frances then. waytogo

Gregg Gunter

I got an email from Ontario about AIS best practices. They say 5-30 days of drying. There’s no way that 6-8 weeks is doable, unless it’s your first trip of the year. But Border Control seems to be able to make it hard for US citizens if they want.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3105-1.png

2. IMG_3104-1.png

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.