Automatic Bilge

• bobberal
    Participant
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Skeeter WX 2060 2018
    Well, my automatic bilge is staying on so I suspect it is either clogged or the float is stuck open. I just had it in the garage, and it started and keep running.

I looked down the access hatch on the transom to see if I could see where it is. I even used a mirror.

I could see and find the live well and bait well pumps but could not see or feel the bilge pumps.

This boat has two on-off bilge pumps on at the dash. Is one of them connected with a float or is there a third bilge pump. I removed the fuse at the battery to stop the auto bilge so problem is currently solved.
    Where are all these pumps located? And is there some area I can access these I have not found?

Thanks

Al

Musky Ed
    Participant

Dealer had to replace my bilge pump on my 2019 Skeeter because it was staying on. Watched them do it, fortunately it was under warranty as it was really tough to get at. Went through the center port right in front of engine.

bobberal
    Participant
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Same hull, just a 2018. I looked and did not see or feel a bilge pump. Time to look again, I guess.

Musky Ed
    Participant

It’s not right under, more twords drivers side.

AK Guy
    Participant

This is the reason why I don’t have automatic pumps. They are wonderful, but when they stick, batteries go dead. Good luck.

RVRDUX
    Participant
    Dakota, MN

This is the reason why I don’t have automatic pumps. They are wonderful, but when they stick, batteries go dead. Good luck.

How else do you know you left the drain plug out by accident…..

RVRDUX

bobberal
    Participant
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Ok, that s funny RVRDUX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.