Atv tire chains

• Nitrodog

Do tire chains help out a lot in deeper snow?

big_g
    Isle, MN

yes. they help pretty much everywhere in the winter season. now if your talking hung up, deep snow, then probably not so much. they need to be on the ice or ground to be totally effective.

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

Not in snow, on the ice yes.
    But, that just my opinion.
    Never put them on this year, not worth the hassle.
    My plan for next year is better tires and studs.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Deep snow – No
    Packed down snow – Yes
    Glare ice – YES

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will put my chains against no chains, in 8″ snow all day long and pull any other rig without chains, all around in circles with little effort. It’s about traction folks.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

any particular brand/type better than another? will be needing to purchase some chains next year for my little 125cc

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Also slush conditions (4-8″ of snow/slush)…BIG YES and I think this is the best area where they shine and keep you from digging out.

I think most brands are fine but just make sure you get the V grooved (sometimes called V-bar) chains.

You can get a decent set for around 60 bucks on amazon.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

There is also J-Wheelz which are cheaper than tracks.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Those J-wheelz are cool! But at $650 that is a big jump up from just standard chains. But yes it is much much much cheaper than tracks!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

any particular brand/type better than another? will be needing to purchase some chains next year for my little 125cc

pretty limited to differnt brands, i have a set of moose chains that i have had for 15 years and they still look and work great, my sons little honda i bought a set for back of his very similiar to what you have and i pick them up at cabelas and they work great and came with chain tesioners which work great and were simliar price as moose and were also the v-bar chain type,so i highly recomend the ones cabelas carry. hope that helps.right around a $100 bucks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.