Arrows?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

In the market for a new half dozen or full dozen arrows for the compound. Whats every one shooting. Not trying to break the bank. Something oli can target shoot and hunt with. Always shot easton, been out of the game awhile and now bought a bow again.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

All my buddies that are big into bow hunting use Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows. I’ve been out of the game a while too.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I have the victory gamer arrows. They arent super expensive and have no complaints. Have put two through deer and held up great.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I “was” an arrow junky a few years back. Still haven’t found anything I like better than Easton Axis. My next arrows (IF these Axis ever break) will be Easton Axis Match grade. Made in USA too.

deertracker

I have the victory gamer arrows. They arent super expensive and have no complaints. Have put two through deer and held up great.

I’m shooting these as well. They are around $50 for 6.
    DT

Hoyt4
    NULL

Victory

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

CX Maxima Red SD is a fantastic hunting arrow. FMJ’s can get funky if shooting into layered/foam targets often as they can develop a slight bend over time. I’ve had great luck with Victory RIP TKOs in the past as well.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I switched to the Gold Tip Hunter arrows, nothing super, but they got the job done this fall. Get the right spine and give them a shot!

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I switched to the Gold Tip Hunter arrows, nothing super, but they got the job done this fall. Get the right spine and give them a shot!

This brings up a good point Steve. In all honesty, there are a ton of great hunting shafts out there right now. I generally prefer to err on the light side for GPI, but make up my total arrow weight via. heavier inserts and/or adding weight to my insert. Maintaining a 11-12% minimum FOC (balance point) will do a lot more for you than chasing another thousandth of straightness in a more expensive shaft.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought 6 victory tfo arrows last night when I did a techno hunt. They shot very nice. We will see after a few more weeks of techno and 3d hunts

dbright
    Cambridge

Victory has always treated me good out of my hunting bow. Black eagle has been my favorite for 3d and spots.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Thinking by next season bearcat will be a die hard bowhunter waytogo

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

easton axis hands down

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thinking by next season bearcat will be a die hard bowhunter waytogo

Just signed up for a 3d league at full draw. I’m thinking I’ll be full swing back in to the bow hunting this year as well. After I hurt my shoulder I was worried I’d re hurt it. But shoulders doing great

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Just signed up for a 3d league at full draw. I’m thinking I’ll be full swing back in to the bow hunting this year as well. After I hurt my shoulder I was worried I’d re hurt it. But shoulders doing great

Thats awesome! maybe even convert to the saddle you’ve got.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Thats awesome! maybe even convert to the saddle you’ve got.

I am going to try that saddle much more this year. I need to pick up some better climbing sticks

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

In the past I have used the Easton FMJ’s but have since gone to the high-end Black Eagle X Impacts. I buy the bare shafts and build them myself. my current Arrow build comes in at 415 grains total weight when using a 100 grain broadhead.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.