Around $200 preferred and has to be at Gander Mtn.-Electronic Call

• Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Received a surprise Christmas Gift-Bonus last night from my summer job employer in the form of $150 gift card to Gander. So I am thinking an electronic call is in order, however the limitations are as stated above. The FoxPro Wildfire looks like a solid bet, but got to see a buddy’s Flextone Echo HD yesterday, and I was intrigued, his batteries were dead so I didn’t get to hear it but it comes preloaded with a lot of calls. FoxPro has been proven, but anybody have an underdog (no-pun intended) call they liked a lot?

A bonus would be ability to have, or have easy access to add, coon sqawls etc. as my dad has been saying forever he wants to call coons in an old quarry we have access to.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Well I went and the didn’t have the three I was intending to decide between, the primos powerdogg,foxpro wildfire and the flextone echo.but they did have the western rivers Navajo on clearance for $149 so I went with that.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Let us know how you like it after some time in the field.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Wester river makes a solid unit. I know guys that rum them.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Will be interested to hear your review of the Western Rivers. I have heard their new calls have significantly upped their game and the price point is moderate, so it would be nice to see another player in the middle-tier space.

Grouse

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Well I have had the new call out several times so far, no responses from coyote in daylight yet but crows love it. I played the coyote locator howls on it one night after getting back to the truck while coon hunting and had at least three separate dogs respond. I wasn’t equipped to actually do anything about it at the time though but it was pretty cool to hear the instant response. Overall I am content with the unit, I have to be careful with some higher/louder sounds and volume as they like cut the speaker out and I have to stop it and restart it at a lower volume. That’s the only issue I have noticed but that I will also put on me as I have to figure out my volume needs yet. I love the case it comes in, by shaving out some of the Styrofoam padding I easily was able to put all my hand calls in it as well so it’s all in a carrying protective case. I had to remove hundreds of the preloaded sounds from it because 400 on one unit is just too many especially when they included “young bull moose in love” and alligator hiss and many other sounds of many species I don’t even think are legal to hunt with electronic calls. Anyway I really enjoy the unit and I am eagerly seeking the first kill over it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

@Nicholas Barker I would exchange it if the speaker cuts out. I’ve hunted over a lot of ecallers and that is not normal.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

It’s only at maxed volume but at one notch lower it runs fine, and since I didn’t technically pay for it myself I can’t complain too much.Thanks for the heads up though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.