Are there any big Smallmouth?

• Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hit Pokegama again today. Have walleye on the camera but still can’t get them to bite. The Smallies however, they are active. Found some 18.5″ Smallies. Nothing bigger though. Anyone ever find any bigger Smallies in there? If I can’t catch the walleye, might as well look for trophy Smallies.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2265.jpg

2. IMG_2267.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve chatted with some tourney guys about fishing Pokegama for bass and I’ve been told by multiple sources that the river the feeds the lake is the place to be for the big smallmouth bass. Wish I had more to offer but I guess it is better than nothing.

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’ve chatted with some tourney guys about fishing Pokegama for bass and I’ve been told by multiple sources that the river the feeds the lake is the place to be for the big smallmouth bass. Wish I had more to offer but I guess it is better than nothing.

Thanks James. That’s a great start. I have a really good idea where they are referring to. If it’s where I am thinking, I have been waterskiing over big smallmouth for years.

grpubl7
    Participant
    Central WI

I found a saddle on Pokegama that held real nice SMB and a hump that did also (summertime). If you are still chasing SMB, send me a PM. Likely will never get back there in this lifetime.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.