April Rock River Fishing Reports & Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

March showed most anglers you have to be a walleye to find a walleyes over 15 inches last month. With all the changing spring weather more colder temps below 40 made fishing very tough. Male walleyes are milting waiting for those big gales to show.
    With high water and temps hanging in the mid 40* the girls are around. Just remember the SLOW NO WAKE is in effect. Better fishing days ahead, this weekend should be a zoo.

Thursday night walleye league start next Thursday at 4:30 Anchor Inn in Newville. C u on the water…..

Attachments:
    1. slow-no-wake.png

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Two Saturday walleye Tourneys 4/30 & 6/4

Attachments:
    1. rock-river-tourney.jpg

Ryan Niess
    Participant
    Milton

Made it out today for a few hours. Bite seems a bit rough as I only caught 1 short today. It is my first year on the river and have not managed one over 15. Water temps are around 46-47. Lots of boats were out and did not see much action from anyone.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Team fin-tech squeaks out a win tonight in the first Thursday night walleye tourney out of Anchor Inn in Newville WI with a nice 5.56 walleye. Team Fin-tech also won big fish pot. 1/8 oz nuckle ball jig with a chub caught the winning walleye. This Tourney or league what ever u want to call it welcomes all guides, pro’s and the locals every Thursday night until 2nd week in July. It was a tough bite tonight for all the boats. Only two fish weighed in. Boats fished the Newville area trolled the lake and traveled the three mile hike across the dead sea to fish the Fort Atkinson area. West winds beat the anglers up on the way back to weigh in. 1st and 2nd place caught there fishing 100 yards apart near Fort. Congrats to Bob Barfnick and his partner for 2nd place with a nice 5.51 pound nice walleye. Thank you to my partner for the great boat control and net job and thank you Fin-tech Fishing Tackle – jigfish.com for the great jigs and Dick Smith Live Bait & Tackle for the great bait.

Attachments:
    1. Bolas-winnng-walleye-4-21-16.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Tonight was another tough bite for the 10 brave boats that fished the Thursday night walleye tournament. I was shocked with the turn out for the poor weather conditions. Big cold front and winds pounding out of the NE. Nine brave boats made the rough ride across the lake to fish the upper rock river and one boat fished the lake. Team fin-tech was the only boat to weigh fish for a back to back win and big fish pot. I can’t say enough in these cold front condition how key it is to have great bait and tackle. My trip to the candy store today pays off once again. Awesome bait and tackle from Dick Smith Live Bait and Tackle and nuckle ball jig from Fin-tech Tackle jigfish.com was the winning ticket. Thank you Dick Smith and Fin-tech.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.