Apple Press

• JEREMY
    BP

Wish I had one but I don’t. Think it would be possible to chop up apples and press the juice out with sausage stuffer. I know apples would have to go in a jelly bag or something so all the parts wouldn’t just come out.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Interesting, I have an old Enterprise Sausage stuffer that has an insert as a fruit press so yes, you can press apples in it however you are right, you need a bag to put the apples in. I have a large cider press with a grinder on the top. Simply put your pressing bag in the press, the grinder fits over the press and the apples fall into the bag from the grinder. It holds about 5 gallons of ground apples and when we are done it yields about 2.3 gallons of cider. The stuffer would work but it’s going to be a long process to get anything substantial. Where do you live?

JEREMY
    BP

Belle Plaine. Guessing you never heard of it. Its between Shakopee and Mankato

JEREMY
    BP

I was kinda wondering that. Its a 15lb stuffer but that would be a lot of screwing around to get a cup of juice.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I have a juicer attachment for my meat grinder, works like a charm.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

How about one of those Jack La-Lane juicers. I used to make a lot of juice from vegetables when I had cancer with one of those. I cook apples down for either apple sauce and or apple butter. Saved all the pulp from veges for adding to soup, meat loafs, bread, stock ect.

JEREMY
    BP

I bought a juicer last year and never opened the box. I wanna be able to do bushels of apples. Ordered a press and crusher yesterday hopefully it shows up and not on B.O. for months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.