Anyone going the STP ice show this weekend?

• tim hurley
    Participant

I’m going Sunday-I have heard that it is harder to get the deep discounts, but you can find good deals on discontinued stuff or new vendors who are trying to get established and even some open water stuff-but yup if you want a Vex. the discount at the show wil not cover addmission parking etc. Fun to see the gadgets, talk to the resort people, and good to see the Reeds stuff because we do not have Reeds here in the metro.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Granrud will be around down there. Stop in and say hi.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Nope not going. Don’t need nuttin.

But hey Tim, get a picture of you and the swedish bikini team and post it! devil whistling yay jester

Coletrain27
    Participant

Already spent enough money on ice fishing stuff this year and haven’t even been out yet lol

B-man
    Participant

Taking the boys tomorrow, it’s been a couple-three years since we’ve been there last

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I can’t stand the place. I send a list with a buddy and he gets it for me.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

its a once every decade event for me. this is the first year in a while, i don’t even know what to get that i could possibly need.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Was there last night crowd was average.
    Ended up not buying anything but I went to get sized for the Apex suit that I’ll pick up at cabelas and dam that’s one helluva combo.

And Glenn, no Swedish bikini team but team Nodak was there and they were some pretty good eye candy.

I saw James and Pat walking around.

Oh, and I did stop at the MN-fish booth, made a donation and said I’d like to fish 2 corks in the summer.

tim hurley
    Participant

‘Don’t need nuttin’? Kidding lots of people are there to tell you exactly what you need! laugh

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Oh, and I did stop at the MN-fish booth, made a donation and said I’d like to fish 2 corks in the summer.

When fishing it’s always best to go where the biters are.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Was there last night crowd was average.
    Ended up not buying anything but I went to get sized for the Apex suit that I’ll pick up at cabelas and dam that’s one helluva combo.

And Glenn, no Swedish bikini team but team Nodak was there and they were some pretty good eye candy.

I saw James and Pat walking around.

pictures????? mrgreen

B-man
    Participant

Just got home from the show, had a good time with 20,000 of my closest friends jester

The kids had fun checking out all of the shacks. Ran into Will Roseberg and chatted a bit. Bought some smaller ticket items: a new cover for my Otter Cottage (lost mine last year in 40mph winds), the new Lite-Flite magnetic cover, some jigs, and a 2B rod case to try out (my Eagle Claw one is kinda bulky)

After admission, parking, beers and bloodys we lost our ass, but that’s the way it usually goes lol

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20221203_182143973-scaled.jpg

tim hurley
    Participant

oh yeah, no way to really save money out there.
    That said my buddy got a very nice filet knife out there at a good price, I’ll try to post the brand, best I have used, sharp, flexible-& dang I guess I have been fileting fish for 5 decades now.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Oooooh I found something I need! How much are those magnetic strike flite covers?

B-man
    Participant

Oooooh I found something I need! How much are those magnetic strike flite covers?

They list for around $20

I first saw them in person last week at a small sporting goods shop in Wisconsin, played with it and liked it, but they didn’t have any to sell (only came with a new auger purchase)

It will be nice not dealing with the stupid little rubber bungee that only lasts two seasons.

AK Guy
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

They list for around $20

I first saw them in person last week at a small sporting goods shop in Wisconsin, played with it and liked it, but they didn’t have any to sell (only came with a new auger purchase)

It will be nice not dealing with the stupid little rubber bungee that only lasts two seasons.

Do you think they’ll work on other brands of augers?

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

AK i got one for my brothers lite-flite and after looking at it i’d say no. It might fit a lazer but would check it first.

B-man
    Participant

Yeah I think they’re very specific to the Lite-Flite head.

If you have another brand take a look into Cold-Snap covers waytogo

Coletrain27
    Participant

Yeah I think they’re very specific to the Lite-Flite head.

If you have another brand take a look into Cold-Snap covers waytogo

I have a cold snap and it’s way better than the stock Strikemaster But it’s still a little bit of a pita to put on at times. Might have check out the new magnetic one

Mitchell Wagner
    Participant

I purchased general admission tickets online for the show. Does anyone know if you’re required to print the attachment in the email confirmation or will the QR code scanned directly from my phone work fine. Thanks!

tim hurley
    Participant

Saw the cover at Joes, they said right now they are only available for the 10”

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

the new Lite-Flite magnetic cover

flame That’s what I forgot to get. flame

B-man
    Participant

Give Reed’s a call, that’s where I got mine (8″)

vinella
    Participant

I got an 8″ from Scheels

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Show was good for me. Worked the Ice Defense setups all Friday and Saturday and we sold out of all our product we brought and all of Joes, Reeds, and Marine Generals. Also had 4 resorts from up north set up meetings to outfit their permanent fleets so they don’t have to use so much heat and drill out holes all the time. Hope that pans out.

Friday was it’s normal slow trickle, Saturday was pretty packed until about 3. Deals were 10-20% depending on the retailer. I picked up a new rod case and a Ceymar baitfeeder. Also forgot about that magnetic auger cover. doah

EPG and Rodworks stopped by and said hi Friday and it was nice to meet you guys.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

How’s the magnet cover going to work when it’s cold and that blade is iced up ? I haven’t seen one yet but I am interested

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

How’s the magnet cover going to work when it’s cold and that blade is iced up ? I haven’t seen one yet but I am interested

That’s a good question. Wonder if it works through a little bit of ice or if you have to knock it off before you put it on…

B-man
    Participant

It has some latching tabs on it too, not just magnetic.

I’m exited to try it on the ice!

tim hurley
    Participant

Saw 8” covers at the show -Joe’s dude misspoke

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.