Anyone been on pool 4 lately?

• Justin Laack
    Participant
    Austin,mn

The lady wants to fish p4 tomorrow. Thinking about heading down for the day. I assume the mn landing is open down river from everts. I’d rather skip that place if possible

I would skip tomorrow fybo tourney is tomorrow and is a 100 boat field I believe.
    No mn landing is open to launch yet, its either everts or the wisconsin back channel, back channel is $5 to launch, bring cash.

isu22andy
    Participant

I’m debating on fishing it as well . Be 100 boats in the Wisconsin back channel cause that’s where the tourney is ran from .. Maybe go down to pool 5 or up to 3 ?

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I debated it too after getting things cleaned up, but not a chance I’m hitting Pool 4 on a weekend now until after the inland opener. I’ve got days I need to take off before I lose them and midweek is way better.

I’m going to chase some jumbo perch Sunday on the ice and leave the boat for Wednesday or Thursday without the crowds.

isu22andy
    Participant

The jumbo perch crossed my mind as well , but after the ass kicking they gave me this winter I don’t know if I got it in me for a final blow . How bad can the ramps be ? Might just launch at dusk and fish a few hours in the dark.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I debated it too after getting things cleaned up, but not a chance I’m hitting Pool 4 on a weekend now until after the inland opener. I’ve got days I need to take off before I lose them and midweek is way better.

I’m going to chase some jumbo perch Sunday on the ice and leave the boat for Wednesday or Thursday without the crowds.

I would love to do the mid week thing. But I have a week on rainy coming up and a week on the fox/ green bay coming up so I can’t take any more week days off. I’ll grind it out with the tourney guys. I seem to be there every year when it’s going on. And we deal with some bad additudes and also meet a few cool guys. I run a ugly boat so I’m not afraid to scratch it.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

where do they post the FYB results? in the past i seen it on a bar napkin. still doing it old school or did they get a computer yet? mrgreen

Charlie W
    Participant
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

where do they post the FYB results? in the past i seen it on a bar napkin. still doing it old school or did they get a computer yet? mrgreen

I’ve always seen it on their fb page. Haven’t seen any posts about the results yet today though. Someone will post the screenshot on here I’m sure.

Justin Laack
    Participant
    Austin,mn

I haven’t seen the results yet either, but I got a pic from my buddy who was the one who took home big fish weighing in at 10.22lbs…

isu22andy
    Participant

Launched at the back channel about 2 o’clock . They were parked clear down to the liquor store but I managed to get lucky and a find a few guys pulling out and nabbed their spot . Nabbed a prop too in the Wisconsin channel where it gets 3.5-4 foot cutting that corner into the main channel . 3 keeper eyes is all I could muster . Kept away from the dam though and left before dark . Breeze froze out my partner .

isu22andy
    Participant

Prop location was the lower x , upper x is the trees sticking out of the water . Guess I should have hugged them closer . What’s everyone else do in that area ? I was idling but see many guys go wide open .

Attachments:
    1. E52F1B26-C607-47E1-BFDE-D47C069B735E.jpeg

Justin Laack
    Participant
    Austin,mn

Prop location was the lower x , upper x is the trees sticking out of the water . Guess I should have hugged them closer . What’s everyone else do in that area ? I was idling but see many guys go wide open .

Cut between tree and shoreline.

Charlie W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>isu22andy wrote:</div>

Cut between tree and shoreline.

Between the top tree and the far Wisconsin shoreline. Not the point shoreline.

isu22andy
    Participant

Gotcha . Only reason I always went that way is watched the Scherrif Warrior with the 300 Yamaha on it blast across there

isu22andy
    Participant

Tournament results

Attachments:
    1. 020DF783-1423-4D1A-A9FD-42098457001C.png

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

We had a pretty OK day on the river. Not great not bad. Had 7 of our 8 keepers within the first hour. We had a spot that kept producing every pass. But then 6 pink ribbon tourney guys hawked in on my little spot. That seemed to poop it down so we flew way down river and caught a handful more but nothing worth bragging about.

isu22andy
    Participant

We had a pretty OK day on the river. Not great not bad. Had 7 of our 8 keepers within the first hour. We had a spot that kept producing every pass. But then 6 pink ribbon tourney guys hawked in on my little spot. That seemed to poop it down so we flew way down river and caught a handful more but nothing worth bragging about.

Pulling plastics ?

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Pulling plastics ?

Not a single fish on plastics, all came off fat heads and a 3/8 green jig. Tried many more but the 1 rod went off every time so we replicated that jig and got action.

Dan Buchmann
    Participant

Fished yesterday with a friend, launched around 9:45 am headed down towards Red Wing. Caught two carp down there. After lunch headed up towards the dam ended up catching 6 walleye, 2 Sauger, 6 catfish and a sheepshead. All on blade baits. Nothing wanted plastics yesterday

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Nothing wanted plastics yesterday

Well, that’s certainly not true.

Fyi, carp and sheep are found in very little current if any at all at this time. Ignore those areas if focus is on catching walleye.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I drive by the back channel ramp everyday except for Friday’s. It was full for the FYB, but that should have been expected.

Most days around 4-4:15 there are quite a few rig spots open. Less on warmer days.

The few people fishing that I’ve talked with had luck with fatheads, plastics, and trolling and a few without any luck at all.

Pitching plastics and blades to the rocks have been sticking some pigs!

Charlie W
    Participant

Any movement with Baypoint or Colvill yet?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just went past the back channel ramp. They were plenty of spaces open, but the rigs were parked half way down to the wood shed.

Must of been a busy morning!!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Boley is making his 15 minutes of fame out there today whistling

isu22andy
    Participant

My favorites the clowns with the 300 horsepower credit card debt machines that run on plane wide open 60+ mph through the middle of the pack fishing . I’m all for running on plane around boats cause it’s a smaller wake but good god , idle her back there bassmasters .

Hell I got passed in the dark dark while I was on plane by someone running down the main channel . I must be getting old lol . Stay off my lawn .

Bite was slow tonight . Boated a dozen fish . Scratched a limit of eaters if I wanted but no big bigs .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

With the level and flow starting to increase, one good chunk of ice from P3 or the back waters and those guys will be crying in their beer.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Boley is making his 15 minutes of fame out there today whistling

He’s been fishing in front of Baypoint for what seems weeks beating up on the same ten 18″ walleyes that live there. Don’t forget your Kalins ticklepickles

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

The dock was put in at Colvill yesterday.

isu22andy
    Participant

Bumper boats this weekend ?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bumper boats this weekend ?

By the looks of the back channel ramp, it’s bumper boats weekdays too.

There were two lunching at 6:15 this morning to avoid the rush.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.