Anyone been on Menomin?

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Going to head out there today and add an update to this thread good or not so good. LOL Bought a new auger 8″ F1 Rocket by Eskimo to try out. Way lighter than my old Jiffy 3HP which still runs great but just too heavy.

404 ERROR
    MN

NAIFC was just over there this last weekend. Looks like top 4 spots had 10+lb bags (8 gills, 8 Crappie). That is by far the heaviest bags that NAIFC has seen yet this year. Good luck on your quest, hopefully it’s as good as the tourney last weekend.

leinieman

Tried on Menomin and it was a bust for me and pretty much for the other 6 to 8 folks that were close enough to talk to. Not sure where the Tourney guys were fishing but pretty sure I know where they weren’t. Anyway ended up marking a few but not catching. I did see some smaller gills caught and that was about it. I was trying for crappies and eye’s but no luck. I made a run up North today to check on a few lakes and noticed no one was really fishing anywhere I checked. I even went over to Upper Long and only saw 3 shacks on that lake. Did try Big MCKensy in Washburn county but no luck. Did mark a few fish but that was it. 19 feet of water by an ice castle one of the two houses on the lake. Saw 2 people on Lipcet Lake but it looked iffy as far as too much snow and a steep landing so stayed off that one as well as Pavlas, and Fenton. Oh well tomorrow is another day and it was a beautiful one to be out and about today. Good Luck everyone.

Bryan Myers

I haven’t fished it yet this year but I have heard the bites been pretty slow recently. I have a buddy who has had a shack on it for years and he said he couldn’t believe the number of permanent shacks on it this year. He did well early but not recently.

leinieman

Jump ahead several months and I was out yesterday with only a few perch caught. No problem getting on the ice or walking where I went. Only issue was walking in the slush. Marked some fish early evening but couldn’t get them to bite. Tried different plastics with small pieces of leaf worm to hide the hook. Started to sprinkle around 7 or a little after so called it a day.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Howdy leiny!!! Nice to see ya back!!!

Mark

leinieman

Thanks Mark, I’ve been around doing some fishing. More time to post now retired.
    How the bite up North.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

It’s been ok, getting around on the ice has presented more of a problem than the fish… I think. Lookk forward to more reports!!!

Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.