Anybody know ?

• big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

What happened with Mossy Dan…? He was from Iowa and used to post a lot about fishing and hunting. Haven’t seen or heard from him in a couple years… wondering if anybody knows ? Thanks for any input.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

What happened with Mossy Dan…? He was from Iowa and used to post a lot about fishing and hunting. Haven’t seen or heard from him in a couple years… wondering if anybody knows ? Thanks for any input.

I dont remember him, but there is another guy I havent seen post in a long time and he was a regular contributor especially in the hockey threads. MPLSPUG.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

MPLSPUG is alive and well, living the good life in Florida. I am friends on Facebook and he gets out chasing saltwater fish frequently. waytogo

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I haven’t seen Andy Cox the Walleye Student guy either in quite a while. I don’t remember exactly what his screen name was.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

MPLSPUG is alive and well, living the good life in Florida. I am friends on Facebook and he gets out chasing saltwater fish frequently.

That is great to hear! Tell the ole chap to pop back here from time to time. LOL

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

I haven’t seen Andy Cox the Walleye Student guy either in quite a while. I don’t remember exactly what his screen name was.

Andy has been active on FB as of last May. Last i had talked to him i think he had grown a little tired of the bickering on here and decided it wasnt for him anymore. Could be wrong about that but if memory serves. Miss his contribution as well.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Andy Cox, MPLS_PUG. Mossy Dan all have active IDO member accounts. Just have not logged in and posted in quite some time.

Andy Cox, MPLS_PUG are active on FB. You could contact them over there. Not sure about Mossy Dan.

-J.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Andy has been active on FB

Andy is still very active on FB, he decided to focus his energies on Mille Lacs and the Mille Lacs groups on FB since he lives there now.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Andy has been active on FB as of last May. Last i had talked to him i think he had grown a little tired of the bickering on here and decided it wasnt for him anymore. Could be wrong about that but if memory serves. Miss his contribution as well.

I think that happened to alot of guys I don’t see here anymore.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

It’s sad to see the forums lose activity as time goes on. Facebook groups just don’t cut it for me. Topics disappear into the ether the day after you read it, never to be seen again. Much prefer the forum format.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

It’s sad to see the forums lose activity as time goes on. Facebook groups just don’t cut it for me. Topics disappear into the ether the day after you read it, never to be seen again. Much prefer the forum format.

I agree. I for some god forsaken reason doah look at fartbook but way much prefer outdoor forums.

I just choose to pick my battles.

Iowaboy1
    Participant

A while back, maybe two years ago now? mossydan mentioned to me he was having some health issues, I hope he got better, great guy !!

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

Yep, Mossy had cancer, I seem to remember it was the belt line and below. I just don’t remember for sure. I’ve not been able to raise him through my normal channels.

hartridge
    Participant

Mossy Dan was my father’s right hand man when repairing my father’s rental houses. To us he was referred to as Drywall Dan. He passed away from cancer several years ago. Dan was a colorful character who marched to a different drummer and I mean that in a good way. Google Daniel Bramow obituary to see a picture of young Dan and the colorful life he led. RIP Dan and I know there will never be another one like you.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, WI

Mr. Beads:

Thanks for posting… Dan and I talked frequently as I had lived in Iowa for a period of time and I did work on fireplaces and he loved them!!! we both obviously loved the outdoors and connected in that way here as well.

RIP MossyDan!!!

Mark

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Sorry to hear of Mossy Dans passing… frown thank you hartridge for sharing this information.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.