Anybody Been Out Lately?

• Weekender
    Participant
    Southcentral MN

just curious if guys/gals have been out lately and if so, how’s it going?

I’ve gotten busy at home doing various odds and ends. I may get out Monday after my doctor appointment. I’ve got an itching for panfish which I haven’t targeted yet this year. Heck, I haven’t even caught a bluegill yet this year! We’ll see…. we leave for Kabetogama in a couple weeks and there’s plenty to get ready for that, plus I got to get the boat in for some minor work on Tuesday.

Would be curious to hear if anybody is out and hear what is (or isn’t) working. With the warm weather, I got to believe a lot of the weed growth is dying off and fish might be transitioning to deeper basin haunts…?

Tight lines!

Knot Again
    Participant

I was out once earlier this week around Mankato. Only fished panfish for the first 15 minutes in my usual summer spot(10ft weed line). Caught 4 decent gills in that time, but with the water temp at 74 degrees and not marking as many upon arrival decided to move on. I think in a week gills should start to show up in better numbers in their classic summer spot, but time will tell.

After the semi-fail on the panfish mission, we got out the bass rods and started beating the bank up. Found out shortly that the bass are on the chomp and you can catch them almost any way you want. Senkos, swimbaits, spinnerbaits, and frogs it didn’t matter. Average size wasn’t the best, but when they are hitting the toad I’m not going to complain.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.