Any reports on Winnie?

• M. Rowe

Heading to Winnie in a couple of weeks. Looking to fish for the eyes and perch. I have never been on the lake before. Any suggestions would help. Looking for what types of spoons or baits work. I know that it isn’t far from upper red and Leech I was wondering if perhaps the same jigs and baits work on Winnie?

Thanks guys,

AlbinoPike
    SE MN

I’m going up to Winnie next Thursday, doing a day trip on my way to meet friends at Upper Red Lake. It’ll be my first time on Winnie too. Did you have any luck? Any suggestions?

Rick Z
    Stark MN

I fished Big Cut foot Sioux last weekend. Lot’s of nice crappies!

M. Rowe

Yes, we did! We were out on a hump that topped out at 18′. We got a tip from Brian Brosdahl. He said to be up on top of the shallowest area of the humps at low light. We did, and did very well.
    Best part is that my son caught his two biggest eyes ever!

Yes they had to go back

Attachments:
    1. image-39.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We worked very hard for our perch this weekend (no limits and small) but after one meal it was all worth it. Cant wait to share some with my wife tonight.

M. Rowe

Suzuki, I hear that!! My son caught most of these, all on his own. Now I have a fishin partner for life!
    He was so proudly that he “fed our family”, a great moment.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

How’s the ice? Heading that way in 8 days and if can’t get on, I won’t be going.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.