Any recommendations of Installations of Electronics in Twin Cities

• Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

I have a Lowrance Elite TI2 in December (Xmas present). The Cabela’s guy suggested pairing it with the Ghost Lowrance trolling motor and how efficient it is. Now it’s 3 months later – Is the Ghost worth it or do I upgrade my minn kota?

I fish Pool 2-4 and mostly the larger metro lakes for morning walleyes. I Haven’t seen any businesses that specialize in installations of the 2 units. I will buy the trolling motor from the dealer if anyone can recommend someone in the metro that can install everything properly.

Any recommendations on Marine Electronic Installers in the Metro?

Ripjiggen

Never used them so can comment on that but where you bought it from does installs.

Cody Meyers

I like the job that they do for rigging and install at Hannays Marine

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

One of the trolling motors I don’t know if it’s the Ghost or not has a 54″ shaft. Make sure the shaft is long enough for your boat.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i am interested too. if my order for a new garmin goes through ill need to have that installed and have my humminbird unit moved to the bow or stern. i was gonna call Dean

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve only had The Boat Center install before and don’t plan to go anywhere different in the future.

marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Nevis

Bill Shimota is the best! He is a NWT angler, Lowrance Pro, and the new owner of Stabil Mounts. Also an electrician by trade. He is down by North Field. I had my 620 rigged with electronics and the job he did was done right. Best part he was well below what a dealer would have charged. I’d recommend finding him on Instagram and sending him a DM

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I do all my own installs that way I know its done right and cost me nothing. LOL

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I do all my own installs that way I know its done right and cost me nothing.

That’s great. Some of us are simply not experienced enough, qualified, or able to do it ourselves. I’ve had electronics installed by a certified marine mechanic every time I needed too and they were installed properly every time. So I also know its going to be done right.

dirtywater

i am interested too. if my order for a new garmin goes through ill need to have that installed and have my humminbird unit moved to the bow or stern. i was gonna call Dean

They’re so busy rigging their boats that they’re not even taking service work. At least that was the answer last week.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Taylor Spraungel on MNBassheads FB page was doing installs. I think he lives in Monticello.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I do all my own installs that way I know its done right and cost me nothing. LOL

It is incredibly easy to install your self if you have very basic tools

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

It is incredibly easy to install your self if you have very basic tools

Yeah I did mine today in 30 minutes. Half of that was standing there debating with myself about ducer placement.

Some boats it’s obviously more difficult to fish wires through, etc.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I always negotiated install where I bought it from or do it myself. Most shops are going to be very busy right now….time to learn!

Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

I appreciate everyone trying to help out. Here is the situation. I’ve worked my self to the bone working 6-7 days a week trying to keep everyone as safe as possible during this Covid Pandemic.

I want to pay someone to do the work and do it right the first time. I will get so few chances to fish this year, that I want it nice and easy. If I was 15 years younger, I would install it. I was just hoping for a reference for a group that specializes in Lowrance installations in the metro.

As always thanks for your help. Just hoping to get a couple more options.

I’m not a very good walleye fisherman, but I hope to get better with my boat finally having the electronics to give me a fighting chance!

This group is awesome!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

A second for Bill Shimota in Northfield.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

What kind of boat are you mounting it on? Per some earlier comments you would be surprised how easy some of this is if the access isn’t bad. I had a guy who did professional work mount mine the first time, but after watching him I messed and moved with them plenty as it’s easy.

Bill Shimota is the best! He is a NWT angler, Lowrance Pro, and the new owner of Stabil Mounts. Also an electrician by trade. He is down by North Field. I had my 620 rigged with electronics and the job he did was done right. Best part he was well below what a dealer would have charged. I’d recommend finding him on Instagram and sending him a DM

Another vote for Bill. Not only will he do a great job at a good price, you’ll probably be able to learn a thing or 2 about the Lowrance units themselves as he knows them inside and out. You’d be hard pressed to find a nicer guy as well.

tim hurley

Have also had luck with Hannays and Fishlectronics.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I will chime in with Billy being a good option as well. While we hate to turn anyone away… the schedule & man hrs available presently, are beyond full today…..

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I will chime in with Billy being a good option as well. While we hate to turn anyone away… the schedule & man hrs available presently, are beyond full today…..

Just scheduled an appointment with the Boat Center for April. I wont have my boat out of storage until around then anyway so it works out. Messaged Bill Shimota on facebook and he said he was booked solid until at least May.

Will be seeing ya soon Dean

Walleyeguy34

I have always had good luck with Todd at formula propellor and marine. Also another vote for Fish-electronics too, they do a great job. Can’t go wrong with either one in my opinion. Just make sure to get something scheduled soon if you want it before opener because these guys are super busy.

Walleyeguy34

Another thing to keep in mind is that you may want to buy things yourself like graphs and trolling motors ahead of time if you know what you want. A lot of dealers are struggling to keep stock for these items and if you know exactly what you want, I would buy it while it’s still in stock. I’ve had my boat waiting in the shop for a week now for a part that I could of ordered ahead of time by myself but the dealer is now struggling to get in stock.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.