Any Place in the state that does prop Demoing?

• Charles
    Participant

Looking to test a 17SS and 19SS prop. Not sure if anybody does allow demos of prop.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Talk with your local dealerships. If they want to make a happy customer they will do what it takes. You may have to put a deposit down or purchase the ones you’d like to try, then return the ones you didn’t like but it should be possible for most in-stock props. As long as they don’t get damaged or sandblasted you shouldn’t have any issues.

I’d swap them out on the water away from shore just to be certain they don’t get damaged.

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

I haven’t found a dealer yet that will order you in a prop just to have you use it and return it. Everywhere up in my neck of the woods is, buy with no returns.

PropMD out of the cities on the other hand is awesome to deal with. I bought all of my props there. Sometimes it takes three or four props to get the right one. All you have to do is pay shipping. waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

PropMD out of the cities on the other hand is awesome to deal with.

I haven’t bought from them, but I had them repair a NiBrAl prop a couple of weeks ago, and they were great to work with and did a beautiful job on it.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

On my previous boat I tried a stainless prop to see if it improved performance. It didn’t so I returned it. I think it was from Soderbloom’s. I don’t remember if I had to buy it, then return it or it was a trial.

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

Brainerd Propeller, A.K.A Lakes Area Welding and Propeller used to demo props but I’m not sure if they still do.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

PropMD out of the cities on the other hand is awesome to deal with.

I had an aluminum 4-blade prop refinished there in May. They did a nice job and it costed me 60 bucks.

I didn’t have a great experience on buying a new prop with them though. I wanted to try a 3-blade and the service tech swore on his life that I’d get better overall performance out of a 3-blade prop with a shallower pitch. I tried it while they fixed my 4-blade. That 3 blade one was awful. It took me 10 seconds to get on plane and my top end speed was slower too. When I picked up my refinished 4-blade I let him know on the performance of the 3-blade and he was shocked.

mojogunter
    Participant

Rapid Marine used to have a few props you could demo that were painted blue. I don’t know if they still have them to try or not.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake has the “blue prop” demos.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m not sure what your looking for or where you’re at but here’s one that I’ll demo.

Mercury Laser II

Ns
    Participant

Supreme Marine did. Not sure if they still do. Give Al a call

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

What boat and motor you have now? What prop size now and WOT RPM when trimmed up?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.