Any one have kids doing the youth hunt

• CaptainMusky
    Participant

That is what it’s all about. Memories that will last forever

Yep, I know my youngest will never forget that bear experience we had this year. I am sure he is telling all his friends about it at school. Probably embellishing it a bit too.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    That is what it’s all about. Memories that will last forever

Yep, I know my youngest will never forget that bear experience we had this year. I am sure he is telling all his friends about it at school. Probably embellishing it a bit too.

In the fine tradition of hunters everywhere, I would HOPE he’s embellishing it. If only the truth were spoken in hunting tales, there’d probably be none of us left. It’s the thrill of the chase and the excitement of the possibilities that have kept hunting alive.

Without those–be they slightly embellished for the sake of good storytelling or no–all hunting stories boil down to, “I waited and waited until I finally found game.”

CaptainMusky
    Participant

In the fine tradition of hunters everywhere, I would HOPE he’s embellishing it. If only the truth were spoken in hunting tales, there’d probably be none of us left. It’s the thrill of the chase and the excitement of the possibilities that have kept hunting alive.

Im sure he is telling his friends that he had to wrestle the bear himself to save me. LOL

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Im sure he is telling his friends that he had to wrestle the bear himself to save me. LOL

Only because you brought the wrong ammo for the firearm. hah

Jackfish
    Participant
    Wayzata, MN

Congrats to all the kids! Great pictures and stories…due to work and one sick kid we only got out for one evening sit…saw quite a few deer..one stud forkie (thought he was anyway)… the only antlers we saw…

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Only because you brought the wrong ammo for the firearm. hah

That’s why I always always always go with 2 guns in the truck. And when the kid and I hunt then 3 guns. Back up one day may be needed. And ammo under the back seat is always there in many different calibers so I don’t worry about that. But you never know when a scope may fail or what ever it may be.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Congrats to all the kids! Great pictures and stories…due to work and one sick kid we only got out for one evening sit…saw quite a few deer..one stud forkie (thought he was anyway)… the only antlers we saw…

We seen antlers 2 times. One was a great shooter 8, the kid got to excited and swung around fast enough to spook him away, and the second moved through so quick we never had a shot. But it got the heart racing for both of us. And makes me excited for regular season or muzzle

Jackfish
    Participant
    Wayzata, MN

Yep…both my boys had deer at the taxidermist last year at this time…makes them a little more motivated for the rifle and muzzleloader season for sure…

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

And makes me excited for regular season or muzzle

Hopefully its not quite so warm. That would be miserable sitting up there in 75 degree temps and stiff winds like yesterday.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Congrats to all the parents and kiddos! Even if a deer wasn’t shot, it’s invaluable time spent together.
    My oldest daughter and I only had Thursday and Friday to hunt. She’s 18 so we were on the early Anterless hunt and not the youth. We only saw 2 deer in 2 days with no opportunity for a shot. We did have a Bobcat walk by 30 yards away. So that was cool.

@bearcat89
    what brand of stand did you get and where? Did you like it? I saw the pic on page 2. I have several 2 seaters for sitting with the kids but none with that seat configuration. I’m kinda of intrigued.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

@pailofperch

This is the x stand commadre x, I really liked it. Very comfortable nice shooting rails, the table in-between us held our drinks, my grunt call, and rattlers. No metal on metal any where rubber and hard plastic spacers at every connection point.
    I was led to this stand by a guy here posted the Craigslist add. I picked it up brand new for 200 in the box, but I think they retail for 5. I would pay for another in a heart beat.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20221025-054403_Photos.jpg

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Thanks bearcat.
    I checked a bunch online. It’s out of stock everywhere. I’m gonna put that on my list of things to watch for, for next year. waytogo

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.