Any one have kids doing the youth hunt

• John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Thanks BC! My phone rang this morning also. Guess they didn’t look at the schedule. See those suckers Tuesday!

Congrats on the boys first deer. That is an awesome feeling that he will never forget!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

All smiles in this tree stand! Boys first buck/deer ever is laying 50 yards away!

That’s awesome, congrats Drifter and Little Drifter!

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Way to go Drifter Jr!

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

Congrats Drifter!!! That’s Awesome!!

I’m heading out in search of a big old Flat Top after work.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Congrats drifter and lil drifter! I took my two younger boys out this morning. Hunt didn’t start well. We are in an early anterless area and I managed to bring my bar 30.06 but the mag for my 7mm mag. Grrrr. So I sat gunless but oh well. Only thing we saw on the sit was a porcupine. After the morning we went for a walk and I couldn’t believe how little sign. Few tracks and only one sign of droppings. Found wolf scat. Checked out another spot that had always been too thick to hunt and they had cleared it out. Walked in there and deer sign everywhere including a scrape. That’s where we’re going this afternoon.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Lol CaptainMusky. Hope you guys roll one. Yeah he’s on cloud 9. Has called all the grandparents, and mom at work. My dads combining corn today, so he might go sit in the tractor this afternoon. Either way I’m heading out this afternoon for a doe also. Hopefully he comes with, I’ll let him shoot for sure. Oldest son is learning a lesson about his grades. Mid terms were not good for him, and conferences with one of his teachers didn’t go well either.

ajw
    Participant

Congrats drifter and lil drifter! I took my two younger boys out this morning. Hunt didn’t start well. We are in an early anterless area and I managed to bring my bar 30.06 but the mag for my 7mm mag. Grrrr. So I sat gunless but oh well. Only thing we saw on the sit was a porcupine. After the morning we went for a walk and I couldn’t believe how little sign. Few tracks and only one sign of droppings. Found wolf scat. Checked out another spot that had always been too thick to hunt and they had cleared it out. Walked in there and deer sign everywhere including a scrape. That’s where we’re going this afternoon.

It won’t function as a single shot?

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Congrats!!! and cheers to the guys getting those kids out there!!!!

Reef W
    Participant

Maybe didn’t have ammo? I only bring what’s in my mag.

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

Oldest son is learning a lesson about his grades. Mid terms were not good for him, and conferences with one of his teachers didn’t go well either.

Congrats to the youngest for his first deer. Then congrats to you for taking aim at the older boy’s school glitches.

deertracker
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ajw wrote:</div>

He said he brought his 30.06 but the mag for a 7mm. I’m guessing did not bring a box of ammo as well.
    DT

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Congrats to the young man on his First Buck. Hope there are many more for him.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

[quote=2153854]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ajw wrote:</div>

correct, no ammo for it

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

correct, no ammo for it

So what would you have done if you had run into a horde of zombies or a pack of rabid wolves? Hand to hand combat? lol smash

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Dont have to outrun the zombies or wolves. Only have to outrun the kid. I am a dad so yes im joking.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Ha! I am on a flipping roll! So my 16 YO had to work tonight so he went back home and come back up when done. I wasn’t thinking and didn’t ask him to take my vehicle and leave his truck so if we get something I’ll have to strap it to the envoy.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Congratulations lil drifter not a bad first deer.It’s good to see you showed the old man how to get it done.

MX1825
    Participant

Congrats to the drifter boys! Nice 1st buck. Dad must of been a good shooting instructor. waytogo waytogo

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

We had 5 deer come through last night but never gave him a good shot. We are walking back out now. The excitement on my kids face yesterday was priceless when those 5 came through

IceNEyes1986
    Participant
    Harris, MN

We had 5 deer come through last night but never gave him a good shot. We are walking back out now. The excitement on my kids face yesterday was priceless when those 5 came through

Good Luck BC! Got my flat top at about 6 last night. She’s going to eat good!

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Holy smokes you go in early. I’m too afraid of the dark lol

deertracker
    Participant

Another beautiful morning.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. D31370AE-3B11-4FEB-8166-81F921070F4E-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

nice going gentlemen!!!!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo bow

deertracker
    Participant

I was looking at the regs yesterday. Says the limit for youth season is one deer. I thought in years past they could shoot multiple if they had bonus tags?
    DT

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I was looking at the regs yesterday. Says the limit for youth season is one deer. I thought in years past they could shoot multiple if they had bonus tags?

They can shoot more than one deer in a zone that permits the harvest of bonus anterless deer. If you scroll down to page 37 there is a chart that outlines it. No party hunting permitted, and any harvest during the youth season counts towards the regular firearms/archery/muzzle loader season totals.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Well my youngest certainly got a wake up call this morning. No deer so I said let’s go for a walk and see if we can rustle something up. Took a stroll and it was so thick we decided to turn around. Right after turning around we were face to face with mama bear and her two cubs. Maybe 20 yards away. I told him to take a pic he said “I can’t” he was terrified but right behind me. I got a pic by she had already backed up a bit. You can see her face right in the center of the pic. Heart pumper for sure.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20221021_0906171443.jpg

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Well my youngest certainly got a wake up call this morning. No deer so I said let’s go for a walk and see if we can rustle something up. Took a stroll and it was so thick we decided to turn around. Right after turning around we were face to face with mama bear and her two cubs. Maybe 20 yards away. I told him to take a pic he said “I can’t” he was terrified but right behind me. I got a pic by she had already backed up a bit. You can see her face right in the center of the pic. Heart pumper for sure.

I’d say that was a wake up call. After I got clear of the area I’d have to stop and clean out my pants. A mama Bear with cubs at 20 yards is nothing to mess with. Glad it turned out good.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Yeah I just told Owen to just stand still and keep behind me. I had the 7mm mag ready just in case.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

After I got clear of the area I’d have to stop and clean out my pants.

LOL

Josh Runksmeier
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes, MN

My daughter got one this morning! Fork horn came in and shot it at 15 yds!!! She was so excited she about got sick to her stomach after the adrenaline wore off.

Attachments:
    1. 5590F8EA-7934-40D2-A6C9-814C22988B5F-scaled.jpeg

2. 189F9B68-296F-411A-96B1-6574F6FFB0D8-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.