Any Magic tricks for cleaning scratches in UTV Plexiglas windshield?

• mike-west
    Amery, WI

Wondering if anyone has any Magical methods they have used to get swirls and scratches out of a Plexiglas windshield?
    It appears the previous owner tried to clean it with something that gave it micro scratches in front windshield.
    They are not deep by any means, just a lot of swirl marks that are really annoying.
    If anyone knows of any contraptions that have worked for you… please do share.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I wonder how one of those 3M headlight polishing kits would work. I’ve used them with great results on headlights.

404 ERROR
    MN

Novus 7100 kit. It is essentially your ONLY option. It will get lots of the the fine surface scratches off, but anything deep will distort the clarity before you remove the scratch.

Make sure you use the supplied cloth to apply, most anything else will just make it worse.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

A glass windshield.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Novus 7100 kit.

I was thinking about getting this for splash guards. Has anyone used it for that?

munchy
    NULL

I’ve had luck using a MAPP torch and quickly going over the scratched surface. Don’t get too close just use the end of the flame and quickly brush over the surface. Working the flame closer as needed. It doesn’t get rid of the scratches more just smoothes them out and clears up the chalky residue in the scratches.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Thanks everyone
    Yeh, Glass windshield might be my best option

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>
    Novus 7100 kit.

I was thinking about getting this for splash guards. Has anyone used it for that?

We use Novus at work on acrylics. Works great on very shallow scratches. If your fingernail will catch in the scratch, it won’t buff out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.