Any ice reports in the Rochester area?

• chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

Any ice reports over the next few days would be appreciated. This weather is putting a beat down on us ice fishermen. Snow isn’t going to help either. So please any news would help.
    Thanks, Chuck

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Best pass on Lake Zumbro. I’ve been watching the lake monitoring site and its up over three feet and headed higher. Access locations will be an issue there.

I can speak for the reservoirs now that we had almost an inch of rain, but I’d bet that shorelines will be wet and might have so iffy ice. Best take care getting on and off.

Jack Patschull
    Participant
    Rochester mn

I had 18 inches at Chester woods last weekend. But, that was before the rain. Like Tom mentioned, shore lines are thin.

chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

I’ve heard the Zumbro was unsafe. They keep showing a iceshack sitting out there on the news. Looks like that guy might be hurting to get it off. I guess I might have to head north. Anybody that tries to go out this weekend please keep us updated. Sounds like more rain might be in the forecast instead of snow. Thanks everybody.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

You be careful Chirp. This crap ice runs a long way north.

chirp
    Participant
    Rochester

No doubt Tom. Not worth fishing crappy ice. Heard there was somebody had to be rescued off the ice up on the St Louis river last week. Not worth it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.