Any Cathy Wurzer fans out there?

• tim hurley
    Participant

Morning MPR host, great voice, not pretencious, fun & pleasant.
    Favorite winter activity? ICE FISHINg. My wife has some ice fishing stereotypes and was pretty surprised to hear about a public radio female who is a big fan of the sport. Way to go Cathy!

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Favorite winter activity? ICE FISHINg. My wife has some ice fishing stereotypes and was pretty surprised to hear about a public radio female who is a big fan of the sport. Way to go Cathy!

Has your wife met the bikini ice fishing team. Stereotypes don’t pan out well, but they are funny. No not a fan of Cathy either. But I’m not not a Cathy fan. Just can’t do mpr I don’t get that bored with my self. I have to have some metal on in the morning

Brittman
    Participant

I have tried to listen to NPR – MPR.

Just cannot for very long. It must be so difficult to live a life so doom and gloom. That and the only way to overcome anything is with government intervention and support.

I did enjoy the “I overcame obstacle” stories when they occasionally came along.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

More Wurzer fans than Dutchboy fans but that ain’t sayin much.

AK Guy
    Participant

I liked watching her and Eric Eskola on Almanac.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

More Wurzer fans than Dutchboy fans but that ain’t sayin much.

I’m a Dutch boy fan and friend. Like you more then this Cathy bi### lol rotflol

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

She’s OK. With the public funding you can get NPR/MPR almost anywhere. I listen to it north of Northome/Bemidji and when I’m on LOW sometimes. I call it “Jazzy News” because of the little snips of music they play going into commercial or switching topics.
    My son played Little League with MPR’s chief meterorologist’s (Paul Huttner) son. He also played with kids of two other meteorologists. They must be drawn to the Minnetonka area. Paul Douglas also lives out this way, I think on the lake.

Karry Kyllo
    Participant

I’m a big fan of MPR and really enjoy listening to Cathy Wurzer. It’s the only radio station that I listen to driving to and from work every day(unless the Twins are playing).

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Wurzer is terrific, love MPR in the morning. In fact, every morning when I wake the kids up, I use the classic:

“It’s 6:29 and the news is next.”

Also, I really enjoy the variety on MPR. The Canadian show “As It Happens” is absolutely brilliant. I’ve spent many nights working late in the wood shop or in the garage listening to that terrific show.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

Highly rated for balanced news. Love it!

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

balanced news.

rotflol didn’t realize there is such a thing. For the record, I listen to more NPR/MPR than I care to admit. FW loves it. I didn’t mind it during the era of Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion. Wait Wait is pretty good.

trophy19
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Saturday AM garage radio lineup

8-9 Garden Show WCCO AM

9-10 Home Improvement Show WCCO AM

10-12 Saturday Cinema MPR Lynne Warfel

Eeasy and informative listening while doing yard work, traveling or working in the garage.

Pete

tim hurley
    Participant

Didn’t want to start a whole public radio thing-what I miss is the era of newspapers, the paper could have a bias one way or another but at least you had an educated journalist who cared about their reputation more than a particular agenda-newspapers are not too good anymore. Wurzer is pretty neutral, my point mostly was about stereotypes, and as long as we are talking politics we all have stereotypes about people who belong to the other political party this helps whip up fear that helps with fundraising, glad that I have friends and relatives that belong to both political parties, do not want to live in an echo chamber.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.